Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Fantasy Football: POST YOUR PLAYOFF ROSTER/MATCHUP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Fantasy Football: POST YOUR PLAYOFF ROSTER/MATCHUP!

Here is my playoff matchup. We have a 12-team Yahoo league. This is our semi-final game. I had a first-round bye (finished second overall in the regular season). I am the Flea Flickers.

Click on the yellow bar below to enlarge.

Obviously, I need Brandon Jacobs to have a big day. The prospect of him not playing or being limited tempts me to play his handcuff - Dereck Ward - this week. But everyone else is a pretty solid play.

Last edited by Barrister; 12-09-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond repute
I'd post a screenshot of my playoff matchup, but my opponent's team name has a swear word in it, so I'll just post his team and mine. I came in 2nd in my 12 team league, though I was the top overall point scorer for the season. Only the top 4 teams advance to the playoffs, and only the champ and runnerup get paid.....

Opponent:

QB - E. Manning
WR - Santana Moss
WR - Antonio Bryant
WR - Marvin Harrison
RB - Frank Gore
RB - Maurice Jones-Drew
TE - Tony Scheffler
K - Rob Bironas
D - Pittsburgh

Me:

QB - Brett Favre
WR - Randy Moss
WR - Anquan Boldin
WR - Terrell Owens
RB - Reggie Bush
RB - Pierre Thomas
TE - Tony Gonzalez
K - Stephen Gostkowski
D - Baltimore

I have Shaun Hill and a waiver claim for Jeff Garcia, as I'm not 100% sure about Favre. I had great success the past several weeks with Peyton Hillis as one of my RBs, so it was unsettling to lose him for the rest of the season right before my playoff matchup. Not sure which of the Saints RBs I'm going to start. I have Tashard Choice & Dominic Rhodes on my bench, so I'm waiting to see how the injuries to Barber & Addai play out this week. My hope is that Addai is unable to go, or is limited, as the Colts have a favorable matchup against the Lions. I'm not 100% about the Baltimore D just yet, as I also have the New York Giants D on my bench (though it's likely I'll have the Ravens starting on Sunday).