Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official Fantasy Football Thread - Post Your Roster, Get Advice, Talk Smack!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The Official Fantasy Football Thread - Post Your Roster, Get Advice, Talk Smack!

I am a fantasy sports nut. I have played in at least 6 leagues every year for about 5 years now. Right now, fantasy football has taken over my life! In most leagues, there is only 1 week left in the regular season and then the playoffs. But until the season is over, let's use this thread to post our teams, get advice and talk some trash!! Here is my FFB data.

Yahoo 12-team head-2-head league. Currently in first place at 9-3.

Roster:

Starters For Week 13:

QB: Jay Cutler
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: Lee Evans
RB: Brandon Jacobs
RB: Steven Jackson
TE: Owen Daniels
K: Matt Bryant
DEF: Tampa Bay
FLEX: Peyton Hillis

Bench For Week 13:

RB: Derek Ward
RB: Antonio Pittman
RB: Pierre Thomas
RB: Tatum Bell
RB: Duece Mcallister
WR: Santonio Holmes
WR: Steve Breaston

If you look at my RB situation, then you know what a frustrating year it has been. Talk about a shuffle! I have owned every starting running back that Denver has featured this year - all 6! Hillis has been a nice suprise but with Selvin Young coming back this week, his carries will go down. He should still be the goal line back though.

I desperately need Steven Jackson - my first round pick (4th overall in our draft) to come back healthy this week. I don't really care whether Brandon Jacobs or Derek Ward play - they are pretty much interchangeable.

My WRs are top-notch but have been underperforming.

So there is my situation. Post your's and lets get this section rolling!!

Old 11-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
So here is my first question for all of you FFB experts:

Who should I start at my FLEX position this week? I am stuck between Peyton Hillis and Pierre Thomas.

Hillis will likely be the goal line and short yardage back for Denver. But with Selvin Young coming back his carries will be down.

Thomas looked great on MNF. Even if Reggie Bush does come back this week, I think that Thomas will get 10-15 carries and will definitely be the goal-line guy.

Both of these options appear to have similar up and down-sides to them.

Who should I start?

Old 11-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Football season ended on Sunday
CFL.ca - Calgary Stampeders win 96th Grey Cup

All kidding aside, I was late on the fantasy train this year, to busy goofing around at the cottage at the end of the summer with no internet.

Looking good though Barrister, all the luck to you and the rest of my TS crew.

Old 11-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Craigger
Football season ended on Sunday
CFL.ca - Calgary Stampeders win 96th Grey Cup

All kidding aside, I was late on the fantasy train this year, to busy goofing around at the cottage at the end of the summer with no internet.

Looking good though Barrister, all the luck to you and the rest of my TS crew.
I used to follow Canadian League stuff pretty closely. I saw the highlights of this year's Grey Cup. Looked exciting!

Old 11-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Here is my matchup this week. My team is the Flea Flickers. Doesn't look good for me unless my RBs get healthy in a hurry. I have already sewn up a first round bye in the playoffs. So it isn't all that critical to win this week. BUT I HATE TO LOSE!

Old 11-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Recent Fantasy Football News:

Brandon Jacobs - RB - New York Giants
News: Brandon Jacobs (knee) will sit out Wednesday's practice.
Impact: Coach Tom Coughlin is confident that Jacobs will play Sunday, and he's expected to return to practice Thursday. Be sure to check back later in the week for updates, but it looks like he will be a go for Sunday.

Plaxico Burress - WR - New York Giants
News: Plaxico Burress' MRI revealed a "strained" hamstring, making him officially day-to-day.
Impact: Both Plax and Brandon Jacobs will sit out Wednesday's practice, but Jacobs has a better chance of playing Sunday. Plax owners will want to make sure they have Domenik Hixon prepared to go as a handcuff.

Jay Cutler - QB - Denver Broncos
News: The Jets have held only two quarterbacks -- Ryan Fitzpatrick and Marc Bulger -- under 243 yards this season.
Impact: Kris Jenkins & Co. shut down opposing running games, but their pass defense is ranked just 26th in the league. Jay Cutler owners worried about last week's off game should stick with their stud quarterback and reap the rewards.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
More News:

Tatum Bell - RB - Denver Broncos - Nov 26 2008 12:37PM est
News: Tatum Bell was on the field at tailback for the Broncos' first offensive snap in Week 12 against the Raiders.
Impact: Perhaps this was done to throw off Oakland because Bell wound up with only seven touches and averaged 2.0 yards a play. Peyton Hillis was at fullback on the first snap, but still saw 19 touches. Bell will resume third-string duty in Week 13 if he isn't cut. Hillis will probably continue to get touches.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Good news for S. Jax owners! That includes me. We really need him back:

Steven Jackson - RB - St. Louis Rams - Nov 26 2008 12:55PM est
News: Steven Jackson (quadriceps) returned to Rams practice Wednesday.
Impact: As usual, S-Jax must put in one full practice to show he's worth counting on in a game. St. Louis faces Miami's top-ten run defense this week, but if Jackson is active he'd be impossible to sit in fantasy leagues. Stay tuned this week.

Old 11-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Brian Westbrook is Q for Thanksgiving Day game:

Brian Westbrook - RB - Philadelphia Eagles - Nov 26 2008 1:29PM est
News: Brian Westbrook (knee, ankle) returned to Eagles practice in full on Wednesday. He is listed as questionable for Thanksgiving.
Impact: The full practice is significantly more than Westbrook did all last week and he should be available against Arizona. Correll Buckhalter (knee) is doubtful, so if the Eagles "limit" Westbrook in the game Lorenzo Booker will be used. Booker has barely played all season. The Cardinals are effective against the run, but Westbrook can be used as an RB2 if he's active.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Good news for Westbrook owners:

Brian Westbrook - RB - Philadelphia Eagles - Nov 27 2008 12:30PM est
News: Charley Casserly of CBS reports that RB Brian Westbrook (knee, ankle) will play Thursday night against the Cardinals.
Impact: Westrbook is a must-play considering that Correll Buckhalter (knee) is out and Lorenzo Booker is the backup. Westbrook should get a ton of touches.

Quick Reply: The Official Fantasy Football Thread - Post Your Roster, Get Advice, Talk Smack!