Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Real Madrid land Klaas Jan Huntelaar

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 10:11 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blu8east
Proven himself (stats) means nothing when you switch clubs with different status. Its more about personality than ability.

And the part about the sharks circling just shows the huge respect the ocean has shown towards us!!
stats mean nothing?

he has proven himself at many different clubs at many different levels...obviously, he will have to continue this form at real but i think he has what it takes. time will tell.

anyone that can keep their form at the international level as he has done is pretty proven in my book though, especially when they carry over from the U21's.

oh, and i have a great personality...does this mean im ready for real too?

Originally Posted by like.no.other
the Dutch league is not a proving ground IMO you should be proven on the highest level ie La Liga, EPL, Seire A..... and about numbers do you remember Alfonso Alves much better stats than Huntelar in the dutch league and he's average to be kind at Middlesbourgh
as i stated above, huntelaar is proven at the international level so i think he will do well. let's see shall we? also, the dutch league isn't as awful as you make it out to be. any top level league in any country is a proving ground, im not saying it's in the same vein as epl or serie a but it's certainly not a crap league. by your definition then the bundesliga or russian premier league is crap too? you must respect all of these leagues, i can tell you i have watched some epic bundesliga games. there is great football everywhere, you just need to have an open mind and be willing to look for it...

regarding Eto'o and Messi I'm not worried about them leaving anywhere else would be a step down
so chelsea, man u, inter, ac, real etc would be a step down? barca isn't the only top club in the world you know

Old 12-09-2008, 02:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^^

I never called the dutch league awful I said that it is not as good a proving ground as the big three leagues. Far be it from me to call any league crap but I think everyone can agree that The EPL, La Liga and Seire A are the best in Europe. My original point was that Real overpaid (it can reach to 27 M Euros) for an injured player unproven at the highest level I never said that Huntelar was bad my point was when putting things into context his club level experience coupled with his injury and the price they paid I was saying it wasn't a good deal, I also said that I am biased because I am a Barca fan and I said I would reserve judgment until I see him play.

regarding your second point I realize Barca is not the only top club in the world. My point is when a top player is at a top club that is winning a club that he can believe in his chances for silverware why would he leave.
In the same point I think it will be near impossible for any team get Torres from Liverpool for Example, Ibra from Inter or JT from Chelsea

Old 12-09-2008, 03:58 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^^

I never called the dutch league awful I said that it is not as good a proving ground as the big three leagues. Far be it from me to call any league crap but I think everyone can agree that The EPL, La Liga and Seire A are the best in Europe. My original point was that Real overpaid (it can reach to 27 M Euros) for an injured player unproven at the highest level I never said that Huntelar was bad my point was when putting things into context his club level experience coupled with his injury and the price they paid I was saying it wasn't a good deal, I also said that I am biased because I am a Barca fan and I said I would reserve judgment until I see him play.

regarding your second point I realize Barca is not the only top club in the world. My point is when a top player is at a top club that is winning a club that he can believe in his chances for silverware why would he leave.
In the same point I think it will be near impossible for any team get Torres from Liverpool for Example, Ibra from Inter or JT from Chelsea
I do understand what your saying but look at Henrik Larsson, who dominated the Scottish league for years and transfered to Barcelona and won the CPL title for FCB almost by himself. And yes, I know he wasn't injured, but Nistelrooy was when United bought him If i recall right. And he also went from the Dutch league like Huntelaar .

Just to make a point, It really doesn't matter where players come from. Schevchenko(sp?) went from AC Milan with a spotless record but was awful in Chelsea.

Source:
Henrik Larsson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ruud van Nistelrooy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And of course, my own impeccable knowledge

Old 12-09-2008, 05:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strebo
I do understand what your saying but look at Henrik Larsson, who dominated the Scottish league for years and transfered to Barcelona and won the CPL title for FCB almost by himself. And yes, I know he wasn't injured, but Nistelrooy was when United bought him If i recall right. And he also went from the Dutch league like Huntelaar .

Just to make a point, It really doesn't matter where players come from. Schevchenko(sp?) went from AC Milan with a spotless record but was awful in Chelsea.

Source:
Henrik Larsson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ruud van Nistelrooy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And of course, my own impeccable knowledge
Any Barca fan knows the worth of Henrik Larson he is one in a million he single handedly won Barca the CL final by creating two assists that turned the game around. Again you are missing my point I'm not saying that if some player doesn't come from the big three leagues that means that he isn't good I'm just saying he is more of a risk. On the other hand a player proven in the big three doesn't allways translate to success but it's less of a risk IMO

Old 12-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
blu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really nice
Originally Posted by IIVVX
stats mean nothing?

oh, and i have a great personality...does this mean im ready for real too?

I very much doubt u can get that personality of urs to persuade immigration to release a klein bottle in the capital... not to mention watering the franco fc stadium if u were seriously wondering!!

Old 12-11-2008, 08:19 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
I very much doubt u can get that personality of urs to persuade immigration to release a klein bottle in the capital... not to mention watering the franco fc stadium if u were seriously wondering!!
what the f are you talking about?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
^

Old 12-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
blu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really nice
Originally Posted by IIVVX
what the f are you talking about?
Maybe something u shouldnt f ing understand.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Alex
^
Is the game over.... Hold my seat while I get the drinks will yea!!!

Old 12-12-2008, 12:38 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
What is a Klein Bottle?

Quick Reply: Real Madrid land Klaas Jan Huntelaar