Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official Fantasy Football Thread - Post Your Roster, Get Advice, Talk Smack!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Good news for Santonio Holmes owners. Now let's just hope he can get into the end zone.

Santonio Holmes - WR - Pittsburgh Steelers - Nov 27 2008 2:40PM est
News: Santonio Holmes (concussion) practiced in full Thursday.
Impact: Holmes is fully expected to start in Week 13 against New England.

Old 11-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Big game for Chris Johnson owners this morning.

Also, good news for Brandon Jacobs owners - but bad news for Plaxico owners.

Chris Johnson - RB - Tennessee Titans - Nov 27 2008 3:55PM est
News: Chris Johnson ran for 125 yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries and caught two passes for nine yards as the Titans demolished the now 0-12 Lions 47-10 on Thanksgiving in Week 13. Tennessee's record now stands at 11-1.
Impact: The Titans gashed Detroit and it wasn't fair. Johnson, LenDale White, and Quinton Ganther combined for 254 yards (6.1 YPC) in a run-first demolition. Johnson's three-game scoreless drought ended and his yards-per-carry average is up to 4.7. He is 42 short of the 1,000-yard rushing plateau.

Brandon Jacobs - RB - New York Giants - Nov 27 2008 3:38PM est
News: Brandon Jacobs (knee) practiced without restrictions Thursday.
Impact: Jacobs sat out Wednesday, but that absence was planned. Being able to work fully again on Friday would be a very encouraging sign for his status against the Redskins. He can be tentatively counted on in fantasy lineups for now.

Plaxico Burress - WR - New York Giants - Nov 27 2008 3:35PM est
News: Plaxico Burress (hamstring) missed Giants practice Thursday.
Impact: This is a bad sign because Tom Coughlin said that he expected Plax to return for Thusrday's workout. Burress will be a game-time decision this week, but owners shouldn't count on him to play. Coughlin admits that Burress has a tricky injury and getting pulled after a play was a disaster for fantasy owners in Week 12. Still, check Friday to see how he's listed.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
S. Jax and Willie Parker news.

Good for Parker owners; not exactly what S. Jax owners were hoping for.

Steven Jackson - RB - St. Louis Rams - Nov 28 2008 8:58AM est
News: Steven Jackson (quadriceps) took part in a second straight limited practice Thursday.
Impact: S-Jax says he's "light years" ahead of where he was when he tried to play through the injury in Week 10. Coach Jim Haslett was more cautious, though, and wants to see Jackson opening up at full speed to ensure that he's 100 percent going into this week's game. Check to see if S-Jax puts in a full practice Friday, but early indications are positive.

Willie Parker - RB - Pittsburgh Steelers - Nov 28 2008 8:50AM est
News: Willie Parker (knee) returned to a full practice Thursday for the Steelers.
Impact: Parker will have to avoid a setback Friday, but he looks like a safe bet to start against the Patriots. Owners should proceed with caution, however, as Fast Willie is no lock to make it through a full game.

Old 11-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Marion Barber and S. Jax news.

Looks like Antonio Pittman once again for the Rams. And if Tashard Choice (RB Dal) is still available in your league, time to pick him up - immediately.

Marion Barber - RB - Dallas Cowboys - Nov 28 2008 2:51PM est
News: The results of Marion Barber III (toe) and DeMarcus Ware's (knee) MRIs came back negative.
Impact: This means Ware doesn't have a torn ligament in his knee and Barber has avoided a fracture of his pinkie toe. The Cowboys are calling Ware's injury a "hyperextension," which is something he'll probably be able to play through in Week 14 with extra time to recover after a Thanksgiving Day game. Barber's toe is sprained and the Cowboys have him listed as day to day.

Steven Jackson - RB - St. Louis Rams - Nov 28 2008 2:13PM est
News: Steven Jackson (quadriceps, questionable) was limited in Rams practice again Friday and will be a game-day decision in Week 13.
Impact: S-Jax didn't put in a full workout all week, but the Belleville News-Democrat thinks he'll play. "I thought he did OK," coach Jim Haslett said. "I thought he got better as the week went on. We'll make a decision by the game." The Rams host Miami at 1PM ET Sunday. While Jackson will be a risky play in a tough matchup and at less than full strength, he would be hard to sit because of his talent. Orlando Pace's (knee) return also helps him.

Old 11-28-2008, 03:46 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
I sat Lendale White yesterday...What an idiot! Last week he gave me less than a point and this week he got over 22. Kurt Warner has been a nice freebee pick up though.

Old 11-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Lanes
I sat Lendale White yesterday...What an idiot! Last week he gave me less than a point and this week he got over 22. Kurt Warner has been a nice freebee pick up though.
Sitting Lendale wasn't all that dumb given his statements earlier in the week. But against the Lions, anything was possible.

Warner is probably the best free agent pick-up of the entire year. Lienart was slated as the starter so almost nobody drafted him. He has paid off BIG TIME!

The big suprise of the week was Westbrook's 100+ yard 4 TD day. He was listed as questionable for the game all week. In a year that hasn't seen a lot of dominating RB play - unlike the last few years with the LDT show - Westbrook's performance was especially good. Imagine the people that sat him!

FFB is a harsh task master!

Old 11-28-2008, 03:57 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
The big suprise of the week was Westbrook's 100+ yard 4 TD day. He was listed as questionable for the game all week. In a year that hasn't seen a lot of dominating RB play - unlike the last few years with the LDT show - Westbrook's performance was especially good. Imagine the people that sat him!

FFB is a harsh task master![/QUOTE]

I have never drafted Westbrook, because although he is good to great when he plays, he always seems to miss 4-6 games a year. What a day though!!!

I drafted Anderson as my starting QB and he was a bust. I then picked up Warner in week three and he has been simply amazing.

Old 11-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Lanes
I have never drafted Westbrook, because although he is good to great when he plays, he always seems to miss 4-6 games a year. What a day though!!!

I drafted Anderson as my starting QB and he was a bust. I then picked up Warner in week three and he has been simply amazing.
I drafted Steven Jackson over Westbrook this year. Mistake.

Old 11-28-2008, 04:08 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by Barrister
I drafted Steven Jackson over Westbrook this year. Mistake.
That hurts.

But, I was lucky enough to have the #1 draft in my league and got Tomlinson...big mistake.

Old 11-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
But Tomlinson was the concensus #1 in over 90% of Yahoo leagues. It was the right pick. I had the first pick in my draft last year and took LDT. That hurt as well. This year, he has been traded in over 50% of Yahoo leagues. He was traded in my league for Peyton Manning and Willis McGahee! And to think that just 3 years ago, you could have won your league just based on his production alone. Crazy.

Quick Reply: The Official Fantasy Football Thread - Post Your Roster, Get Advice, Talk Smack!