Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official College Football Thread - Come on in!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Super D
Wasn't it? Holy crap, the last 10min was nuts.
Was out to dinner with some friends and they had it on above the sushi bar - a couple of us were standing over there for the last few minutes freaking out.

Although it worked out for them, why did Texas Tech not just go for the field goal in the last seconds there?

Old 11-03-2008, 02:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
i'm picking florida and psu in the ncg. usc would stomp both of them, but won't get the chance after losing to another crappy pac 10 team.
Mark: It almost seems inevitable now; there is no way that SC will make it in the big show. Even if they shut out their opponents in every game from here (which could happen -- SC's defense is insane), barring some unlikely catastrophe for the six teams ranked ahead of the Trojans, they are not going to make it. Penn State and Florida both have softball schedules from here out with one low-ranked opponent each. Bama has to play at LSU, but other than that they have an easy schedule as well. The Big 12 teams will beat each other up and some of them will fall. Maybe SC will finish 3rd or 4th and the BCS game will be a joke.

It's such a shame. When will we finally get a freaking playoff system!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 02:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M5Kid
**** my life - Oregon is miserable this year.
You think your team is bad, man my Huskies f'ing blow. I watched the first 8 mins of them against USC, couldn't stand it. Had to find something else to watch.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:23 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vpr1019
How bout them Dawgs? I'm glad I missed that game.
UGA vs FL was a brutal game to watch. Stafford threw 4 picks in the game = to what he's thrown all year. Very sad.

Originally Posted by GuessWho
You think your team is bad, man my Huskies f'ing blow. I watched the first 8 mins of them against USC, couldn't stand it. Had to find something else to watch.
Ok, you're right, your Huskies definitely blow.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
At least you guys have teams to root for this year. My college took this year off. U of Michigan. I don't think they are even playing games this year....

With them, and the Detroit lions, we have a total of 2 wins this year. Pathetic.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:52 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by miboxer96
At least you guys have teams to root for this year. My college took this year off. U of Michigan. I don't think they are even playing games this year....

With them, and the Detroit lions, we have a total of 2 wins this year. Pathetic.
Correction, after you guys lost to App State last year in the home opener, everyone decided to give up for 2 seasons. Your boys will be back next season. At least you still have the Pistons.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Correction, after you guys lost to App State last year in the home opener, everyone decided to give up for 2 seasons. Your boys will be back next season. At least you still have the Pistons.
Yeah, but the piston's just coast, and then get knocked out in the playoffs. They won their ring a few years back, and are content with that. The Red Wings however never seem to be content. World Champs, and then they go out and get Hossa....They will win it again...

With Rich Rod this year, I expected to win at least 6 games on talent alone. Shouldn't talent alone have beaten Toledo....Toledo???? WTF!

Old 11-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
ive seen tech do very well one week and the next they just fall on their face. this season, i expect tech to put the hurt on osu!!!!

playing like they did this past weekend, it will be hard for anyone to step up to that. although, they almost lost it!

Old 11-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
Mark: It almost seems inevitable now; there is no way that SC will make it in the big show. Even if they shut out their opponents in every game from here (which could happen -- SC's defense is insane), barring some unlikely catastrophe for the six teams ranked ahead of the Trojans, they are not going to make it. Penn State and Florida both have softball schedules from here out with one low-ranked opponent each. Bama has to play at LSU, but other than that they have an easy schedule as well. The Big 12 teams will beat each other up and some of them will fall. Maybe SC will finish 3rd or 4th and the BCS game will be a joke.

It's such a shame. When will we finally get a freaking playoff system!!!
a playoff would be nice, but the selection process would be just as sketchy. beyond that, i don't want the regular season to be shortened. usc shot themselves in the foot once again and they will get whatever bowl they deserve. penn st. is a practical lock at this point and usc's only hope is that the big 12 and sec champ both have two losses.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:06 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
a playoff would be nice, but the selection process would be just as sketchy. beyond that, i don't want the regular season to be shortened. usc shot themselves in the foot once again and they will get whatever bowl they deserve. penn st. is a practical lock at this point and usc's only hope is that the big 12 and sec champ both have two losses.
I really don't see Alabama losing 2 SEC games at this point. They are in control of their own destiny with only 1 road game left (LSU) and 2 home games (MS State and Auburn). Then again you never know.

Quick Reply: The Official College Football Thread - Come on in!