Notices
Southeast (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in AL, GA, and FL

Miami - Airport Runway Event!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
Holy crap, it was HOT today.

So many cars and not enough of me. That was crazy.

140+ cars. It was seemingly impossible to photograph this event and I hired a photographer to assist me for the day.

To all that attended, if myself or my assistant don't have photos of you and your car, I apologize to say the least. I think you can understand why and I won't even have to explain that scenario. That was insane.

Next time I'm going as a spectator and running in friend's cars. I didn't get a ride in any cars today and I referred quite a few people myself. What a bummer. lol

Last edited by Chris G; 10-11-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
I heard another runway event is planned for next month. Different organization though.

Last edited by Chris G; 10-11-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
LBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Schwabe
Complete fraud. STAY AWAY from anything Milemarker-1 organizes. Got there before 7AM. Did not have my first run until 10AM, my second run at 1:15PM. They have their headstart group, that runs before you 3-4 times. They have the "have to leave early" group they wave by to run 3-4 times. I came from Maryland, WHO THE FUDGE has to leave earlier than I???? No display, no electronic time taking, no printed slip, they TELL you your speed. I got nothing for my first run and 157MPH trap speed for my second when my GPS and speedo agreed on 175MPH. They told the same to the guy in front of me who had 20MPH more shown on his GPS.

No pen to write the numbers on the cars, no consessions for the drivers, no porta potee, 6 FUDGING hours on the tarmac at 100F drinking your own stale, warm water and nowhere to piss.

There is absoultely noway for anybody to run 4 times unless you are one of the cronies. I will e-mail them to refund me my money by Friday or I will open a fraud case with American Express. I will expose these MFs on every automotive board out there.

I am a bit mad. Going to SoBe now to cool off and get hammered.
I don't think Chris G read your thread yet so I will bring it to the top of the pile.

What say you Chis?

I was considering bringing two cars out for this event. Now glad that I did not.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:18 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Daym Schwabe that sucks! Go have some fun down in Sobe.
Let's not have this group promote events here anymore Chris if this is the case thanks.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
MrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to all
Complete fraud. STAY AWAY from anything Milemarker-1 organizes. Got there before 7AM. Did not have my first run until 10AM, my second run at 1:15PM. They have their headstart group, that runs before you 3-4 times. They have the "have to leave early" group they wave by to run 3-4 times. I came from Maryland, WHO THE FUDGE has to leave earlier than I???? No display, no electronic time taking, no printed slip, they TELL you your speed. I got nothing for my first run and 157MPH trap speed for my second when my GPS and speedo agreed on 175MPH. They told the same to the guy in front of me who had 20MPH more shown on his GPS.

No pen to write the numbers on the cars, no consessions for the drivers, no porta potee, 6 FUDGING hours on the tarmac at 100F drinking your own stale, warm water and nowhere to piss.

There is absoultely noway for anybody to run 4 times unless you are one of the cronies. I will e-mail them to refund me my money by Friday or I will open a fraud case with American Express. I will expose these MFs on every automotive board out there.

I am a bit mad. Going to SoBe now to cool off and get hammered.
Dude. That sucks. I saw cars running back to back to back.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Rogan actually called me last night to see my input on how I thought it ran.

There's a ton of sides to the story. It's NOT my event so I'm just stating what I felt and how I think it could have been run differently.

I feel bad for anyone that traveled from further away. I hung out with the guys from Switzer Tuning for most of the day and they drove down from Ohio. Luckily, they stayed and stuck it out until later in the day around 3-4:30 or so and had the runway all to themselves.

I have no idea why 95% of the people left early. By the end of the day anyone could have run 100 times in a row and had no line.

Other parts didn't make sense though. Some cars seemed to be cutting line and or had priority of some sort and got to run repeatedly which really irritated me trying to photograph ALL of the cars and I got the same 5 cars over and over again while the remaining 130 were sitting in line pissed off.

All in all, I definitely don't think it was terrible by any means. It was their first event, it's hard to figure in all of the variables the first time around unless you've put on an event before or apprenticed an organization that has put one on before.

They neglected some highly obvious things though like toilets at the staging area. After baking out in the sun for 10 hours and trying to not die in the heat I had to hitch a ride in a friend's car back to the nearest toilet every couple of hours which was at least a mile away.

I know they plan on putting on another event again soon and will try and fix up any flaws they had.

IMO, I think they obviously wanted quantity over quality which was highly obvious with the amount of cars in attendance, 140, which was absurd. I'd put a cap at 85-90 and just double your prices.

Everyone gets more runs and if they aren't willing to pay the price then they won't attend anyway. There are plenty of tuning companies that would love to take the spots of regular cars just to promote their vehicles.

We will see how it goes next time around. Evidently there is already another runway event set up for next month by a new organization.

From here on out there will be no shortage of events to say the least.

I'll see you guys there next time. No camera though.

- Chris

Last edited by Chris G; 10-12-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Well, I did not drive the whole way. Had my family with me. So it is a 2 hour drive to the auto train in VA and then a 5 hour drive from Sanford, FL to Miami. So that is 14 hours drive total. Train plus hotel for four about $3,000 - having to buy my wifey now something nice after dinner in SoBe because she had to put up with me all pissy - Expensive!!!!
That really sucks. I wish you would have had a better time to say the least.

How many runs did you manage to get in before you left? Hopefully you stayed towards the later end of the day, you could have had the runway to yourself.

Everyone was gone, it was unbelievable.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm coming to Miami Oct 28-Nov 1. If any events are going on Chris let me know by PM.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Hovik has a reputation beyond reputeHovik has a reputation beyond reputeHovik has a reputation beyond reputeHovik has a reputation beyond reputeHovik has a reputation beyond reputeHovik has a reputation beyond reputeHovik has a reputation beyond reputeHovik has a reputation beyond reputeHovik has a reputation beyond reputeHovik has a reputation beyond reputeHovik has a reputation beyond repute
It's not like nobody had brought up these issues to the organizers months before the event...

Old 10-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
pikemike420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Chris G
I heard another runway event is planned for next month. Different organization though.
Disclaimer:I am NOT the owner/organizer of this event. It is a friend of mine putting it together, and I have helped out Hovik and some other guys with other events.

This is the other event: TOP GUN RUN

The November 7th is an all comers event

The November 14th event is for exotics and high end sports cars. DLM should be bringing some TT Lambos as well as Heffner, and I was told Eddie Bello is attending too from the organizer of the event.

He will be using the same timing equipment as they use in the Texas Mile with the printout for top speed.

Last edited by pikemike420; 10-12-2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: n

Quick Reply: Miami - Airport Runway Event!!!