Notices
Southeast (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in AL, GA, and FL

Miami - Airport Runway Event!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 03:50 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Chris I want to see some teamspeed coverage bro!
Schwabe why didn't you PM me you were going I would have hooked you up for this!!

Old 10-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
Ttime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura aboutTtime253 has a spectacular aura about
What I would give to come and witness that event.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Just arrived at the Miccosukee. Well, I didn't kmow I could have been hooked up. Posted on two threads here about it. Hope I am not going to be murdered here in my 997tt based on the lineup ....

Old 10-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Complete fraud. STAY AWAY from anything Milemarker-1 organizes. Got there before 7AM. Did not have my first run until 10AM, my second run at 1:15PM. They have their headstart group, that runs before you 3-4 times. They have the "have to leave early" group they wave by to run 3-4 times. I came from Maryland, WHO THE FUDGE has to leave earlier than I???? No display, no electronic time taking, no printed slip, they TELL you your speed. I got nothing for my first run and 157MPH trap speed for my second when my GPS and speedo agreed on 175MPH. They told the same to the guy in front of me who had 20MPH more shown on his GPS.

No pen to write the numbers on the cars, no consessions for the drivers, no porta potee, 6 FUDGING hours on the tarmac at 100F drinking your own stale, warm water and nowhere to piss.

There is absoultely noway for anybody to run 4 times unless you are one of the cronies. I will e-mail them to refund me my money by Friday or I will open a fraud case with American Express. I will expose these MFs on every automotive board out there.

I am a bit mad. Going to SoBe now to cool off and get hammered.

Last edited by Schwabe; 10-11-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond repute
Just got back, wow was it hot out there!
I'll have my pictures up later.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Woah Schwabe. I was not expecting to hear that. That really sucks.

Old 10-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
There was no electronic time/speed measurement to speak off, I saw nothing, now ire across the road, no light sensor, nothing. No 1/4 mile times, no 60-130 time, nothing, just the trap speed TOLD. Don't how they measured it, I guess by the length of your shadow.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Schwabe
There was no electronic time/speed measurement to speak off, I saw nothing, now ire across the road, no light sensor, nothing. No 1/4 mile times, no 60-130 time, nothing, just the trap speed TOLD. Don't how they measured it, I guess by the length of your shadow.
^ that sucks big time considering you drove from MD! You drove by yourself? How long did it take you to get there?

Old 10-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
modenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Schwabe
Complete fraud. STAY AWAY from anything Milemarker-1 organizes. Got there before 7AM. Did not have my first run until 10AM, my second run at 1:15PM. They have their headstart group, that runs before you 3-4 times. They have the "have to leave early" group they wave by to run 3-4 times. I came from Maryland, WHO THE FUDGE has to leave earlier than I???? No display, no electronic time taking, no printed slip, they TELL you your speed. I got nothing for my first run and 157MPH trap speed for my second when my GPS and speedo agreed on 175MPH. They told the same to the guy in front of me who had 20MPH more shown on his GPS.

No pen to write the numbers on the cars, no consessions for the drivers, no porta potee, 6 FUDGING hours on the tarmac at 100F drinking your own stale, warm water and nowhere to piss.

There is absoultely noway for anybody to run 4 times unless you are one of the cronies. I will e-mail them to refund me my money by Friday or I will open a fraud case with American Express. I will expose these MFs on every automotive board out there.

I am a bit mad. Going to SoBe now to cool off and get hammered.
Wow! I was really hoping someone would run an event like that out here in California but now...

Sounds totally frustrating, especially after all the distance you covered.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Well, I did not drive the whole way. Had my family with me. So it is a 2 hour drive to the auto train in VA and then a 5 hour drive from Sanford, FL to Miami. So that is 14 hours drive total. Train plus hotel for four about $3,000 - having to buy my wifey now something nice after dinner in SoBe because she had to put up with me all pissy - Expensive!!!!

Quick Reply: Miami - Airport Runway Event!!!