Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche to stop weekend shifts due to weak demand

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 01:22 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Porsche to stop weekend shifts due to weak demand

Name:  Porsche-Zuffenhausen-911-0.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  98.9 KB

Porsche to stop weekend shifts due to weak demand
Source says five-day working week at Zuffenhausen will start in January

According to company sources, Porsche will halt weekend production of two-seater sports cars at its biggest plant next year as Europe's deepening debt crisis is eroding demand for luxury vehicles.

Porsche will limit the working week to five days at its headquarter factory in Zuffenhausen from January, where it has been running eight extra shifts on Saturdays since September to clear orders for the revamped 911 model, the sources said on Monday on condition they not be identified because the matter is confidential.

The number of Porsche 911, Boxster and Cayman vehicles assembled in Zuffenhausen and destined for austerity-strapped European markets will drop 10.7 percent next year to 14,543 cars, according to research firm IHS Automotive.

"Weak demand can be traced all over the premium market," said London-based Credit Suisse analyst Erich Hauser. "Europe is in the doldrums. Driving pure amusement cars is clearly becoming less desirable in difficult times."
Follow to Reuters for the full article -> Porsche to scrap weekend shifts on weak demand - sources | Reuters

Old 11-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Hi DJ,

Thanks for the info..look what I wrote three months ago - it seems my info-prediction was 100% correct:

"Dont forget that the first wave of 991 sales also included just dealer cars..and I know from 3 Porsche dealers that 991 is not selling at all now - the reasons could be different..but I bet you in 3 months you will see another reduction in production.

A friend of mine ordered a 991 - he will still get it in october..and there was already a serious reduction on the "new price".

https://teamspeed.com/forums/porsche...ng-2013-a.html

PS: In another three months - there will be a 4 day week..Im pretty sure about that..the market is flooded with 991s..that are sitting in the Porsche centers..and almost no-one is willing to buy. Porsche keeps up the sales as the centers are "forced" to take cars...how and when they will sell them is not Porsches business anymore..this tactic works for a few months..but cannot be sustained in he long run.