Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cool story about one man's 930

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Teamspeed Editor
JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JCoyle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Cool story about one man's 930

Awesome Story About One Man's Dream Machine
by John Coyle

Jim Goodlett wanted a 930 Porsche for almost three decades, and a couple years back, he scored this pristine grey-market example. But the quest to find his dream machine is only half the story.

Cars I See - 1984 Porsche 930 on Vimeo

Old 10-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
bunnn is on a distinguished roadbunnn is on a distinguished roadbunnn is on a distinguished road
That's incredible...true car enthusiast.

The older Porsche's have a presence that is unmatched by today's cars. This is coming from someone who loves the 997.2 GT3RS to death.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:11 AM
mxp
Teamspeed Junior Member
mxp is an unknown quantity at this point
wow!

amazing car enthusiast, love the camera work and editing too

Old 10-16-2012, 01:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Darksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura about
Great little story! I would have shit my pants if that Porsche he bought was the exact same one he test drove decades ago......imagine that!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bunnn
That's incredible...true car enthusiast.

The older Porsche's have a presence that is unmatched by today's cars. This is coming from someone who loves the 997.2 GT3RS to death.
+1

Old 10-16-2012, 07:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Ranks up there as possibly one of the best cars of all time. The Turbo changed everything.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
Lovely video. In a time where instant gratification rules all, we often need reminders that good things come with time, hard work, determination and most importantly, passion.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Yes GT Cole..this car also shaped my youth..and it was the "reason" for being a Porsche fan..

One day also a 930 belongs into my garage..for me this is a must for every Porsche collector..what I dont like about the car in the video is the front nose..no fog lights??- looks a bit screwed up..wheels not in original paint..but OK..

@teamspeed administration: please bring us more of these stories - ts is a great website - but I feel we are loosing a bit the "human touch" here..posting news about new cars and future cars is great..but please bring us more the stories behind - "the owner and their cars".. for example, would be happy to see stories from F40, 959, GT1, C-GT, Enzo and so on - owners..I know you have put some stories here..but I would appreciate more of it. The section "car-member of the month" is already a good thing..

thanks guys

Old 10-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
Ranks up there as possibly one of the best cars of all time. The Turbo changed everything.
+1

The 930 is truly a work of art, love the color. Thank you for sharing.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Terraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura about
Great story. He has an excellent example of the 930. Love the colour too

Quick Reply: Cool story about one man's 930