Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche refuses to offer Incentives despite Slowing Car Sales

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Teamspeed Cigarette Racer
Location: Blue Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Monterey and beyond
gociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JarodL
They just made 7 billion dollars off of VW. They don't have to worry about selling cars until 2020.
good point. Most profitable car company globally. In the US no incentives are needed, just slow down 09 production and subvent the leases on 08's for what the dlrs have in their inventories along with strong flooring support.
IMO, No need to cheapen the brand by throwing out incentives if the dlrs can endure the flooring. Incentives hurt resale on used imo.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
I had no idea Cayennes accounted for nearly 50% of all P-car sales... that chart is fascinating to me...

Old 12-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
roccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Talk about rare. The ultimate enthusiast's utility vehicle.
I agree. and we have 08's in stock. anyone want a deal? they're priced right! (end shameless plug)

gociggie31 is not far off what has already taken place. Porsche has cut production by 30 -35% so there are a lot fewer cars coming in the next 6 months. basically 0 cayenne's. so what you see is what you get. we only have 4 C2S coupe's allocated for the next 4 months, and we are in the top 100 in sales volume in the country (we usually get 2-3 per month). while I realistically don't expect Porsche to put out subvented rates (PFS never has) for the 08's, they do have some nice programs right now for returning lessee's (lower rates on 987's, new Cayenne V6 & S's and Certified Pre owned Cayenne's however.

Also, I am not entirely shocked at some of those numbers. the 987's are in model transition, so Porsche expected those numbers to drop.

just some insight and my .02 .......

Old 12-05-2008, 04:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gociggie31
good point. Most profitable car company globally. In the US no incentives are needed, just slow down 09 production and subvent the leases on 08's for what the dlrs have in their inventories along with strong flooring support.
IMO, No need to cheapen the brand by throwing out incentives if the dlrs can endure the flooring. Incentives hurt resale on used imo.
very true I don't think they need to offer incentives but less supply would maintain the status quo

Old 12-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLC4S
I had no idea Cayennes accounted for nearly 50% of all P-car sales... that chart is fascinating to me...
+1.

What I find even more interesting is that the drop in 911 and Boxster sales is larger than the drop in Cayenne sales. %wise of course. If I had to predict these numbers, I would've guessed that it be the other way around.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by craigger
6 Manual Cayenne Gts'?

Thats Going To Be A Cool Car In 20 Years.

Last edited by PorscheFanatic; 12-05-2008 at 08:04 AM.