Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Felipe Massa Stays With Ferrari

Old 10-16-2012, 03:16 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute

Name:  ferr-mass-suzu-2012-6.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  241.7 KB

Scuderia Ferrari announces that it has renewed its contract with Felipe Massa to the end of the 2013 race season.

The announcement should have been made next week, but then the two parties involved decided it was time to take the bull by the horns (no pun intended) and do it now: Felipe Massa will stay at Ferrari, at least until the end of 2013.

President Luca di Montezemolo met the Brazilian driver in Maranello this morning, Felipe having come here straight from Korea yesterday. It was a very friendly meeting, in which Montezemolo congratulated Felipe for the great performances he has produced recently, especially in the Far East.

Obviously, it did not take long to reach an agreement over renewing the contract: Ferrari knows Felipe from when he was little more than a boy and he has grown as a driver in Maranello, to the extent that he is beginning to be one of the “old boys” among the team at the track.

“I am very happy to have reached this agreement,” commented the Brazilian. “Ferrari is my racing family and throughout my entire time in Formula 1, I have always driven cars powered by engines built in Maranello: I can’t see myself driving cars propelled by anything else! First and foremost, I want to thank President Montezemolo and Stefano Domenicali, who had faith in me and who have always supported me, even at the most difficult moments. The team and also all the fans can rest assured that I will do all in my power to help the Scuderia reach the targets it sets itself each year.”

The satisfaction is also clear from the comments of Stefano Domenicali, who on Sunday at the Yeongam circuit already lets slip that things were heading towards a confirmation. “We are pleased to have extended our relationship with Felipe for a further year,” declared the Team Principal. “He has been part of our family for over a decade and has shown, expecially in this recent part of the season, that he is once again competitive at the highest level, which is what is expected of every driver who gets behind the wheel of a Ferrari. We have always supported Felipe, even in the most difficult moments of his career and we are certain of his worth and are sure he will know how to repay the confidence this renewal proves we have in him.”

Now that Massa’s situation has been cleared up, maybe speculation surrounding Ferrari drivers will calm down for a few days, but that’s probably a vain hope: the rumour mill works round the clock, manned by people who, having said one thing and then the complete opposite, can congratulate themselves on having got it just right. Indeed, this was one of the reasons that pushed Montezemolo and Massa to decide on announcing the renewal today, to put an end to all the speculation.

One thing is certain: having finalised the 2013 driver line-up every single drop of energy can now be concentrated on preparing for the final four races of this still very open 2012 World Championship.

Everything is still possible and the men and women of the Scuderia are perfectly aware of that: everyone, starting with Fernando and Felipe, wants just one thing, to bring the world title back to Maranello.

Source [Ferrari]

Name:  120103_jap.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  192.0 KB

Name:  mass-vett-koba.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  206.2 KB

Old 10-16-2012, 07:24 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
hah good.. they deserve each other

Old 10-17-2012, 11:33 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura aboutPeteV has a spectacular aura about
I am pretty surprised, but its nice to see this level of loyalty in such a ruthless sport.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
I saw this coming. Truthfully there wasn't a better available driver and Massa is loyal to Ferrari. Good for him

Old 10-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
Good news, the right decision and great timing.