Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 Close to Launching N.Y.-Area Race

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 12:22 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Fresh talks emerge for New Jersey Grand Prix

Fresh talks emerge for New Jersey Grand Prix - GPUpdate.net

More discussions have been revealed for an F1 race on the streets of New Jersey. As reported by a selection of American newspapers, the Mayors of Weehawken and West New York have launched discussions with several possible investors, with the idea being to race in the North Hudson communities by as early as 2013.

As confirmed by Mayors Richard Turner of Weehawken and Dr. Felix Roque of West New York, the list of investors is topped by TV head Leo Hindery Jr, with one proposal being to use Boulevard East and River Road in order to provide a backdrop of the waterfront and iconic view of Manhattan.

“We want to make sure this will also be enjoyable for the residents and we have more negotiations to complete,” Mayor Turner explained to The Jersey Journal.

A press release from the Mayors reads as follows:

‘It is already clear that the economic impact on our towns and local businesses from this Formula 1 race could be dramatic, in the order of several hundred million dollars to the region annually.

In these uncertain economic times when every direct and indirect revenue source is vital, our own Formula 1 race could be a very positive boost to our citizens. This said, we need to ensure that the financial benefits from the privilege of having these races in our towns are equitably shared and that no tax dollars are used.’

Old 08-05-2011, 12:43 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
If it happens it will replace Montreal
Montreal promoters have had a hard time getting funding in recent years, this could be the downfall. I really hope not.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
It is possible when would montreals contract be up?

Old 08-05-2011, 01:20 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Um, this would mean it's about 3 minutes away from my place... just picture the chaos.

You know that if this happens, I will make sure all TS'ers are drunk and disorderly.

Last edited by GLN; 08-05-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
I know I have said that I don't think it is fair to have 2 races in the U.S before, but this would be insane!!

Old 08-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
If it happens it will replace Montreal
I thought Montreal was in jeapordy of not being able to hold the race again. The questions about when the contract would be up and if they would renew it would be a good one. This would probably be a good replacement and would undeniably be an interesting venue.

Remember though, guidos are like gingers... they have no souls, they traded them for more spray tan.