Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Hamilton Slates "Joke" Stewarding [Monaco Spoilers]

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011 | 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
Bill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura aboutBill in Atlanta has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Actually the FIA didn't change the rules to prevent chassis technology sharing until after Vettel's last season with Toro Rosso. So when he won his first race, his Toro Rosso was basically a Red Bull with a Ferrari engine. That's why the Toro Rosso's regularly beat the Red Bull's that year. The following year Toro Rosso was required to have a completely independent chassis and their performance collapsed.
Agree..the point I was making was that Hamilton was in a great, top tier car from day 1, thus able to run for the championship from the beginning as Dana noted. The STR, even in the "Red Bull with Ferrari engine" form as you note, wasn't as good as the McLaren at that time. IMO, McLaren is (and has been) the class of F1, almost always producing a competitive car. I was a big McLaren fan in the Mika/Kimi days.

Bill

Old 05-30-2011 | 07:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I think people are just to touchy. I chuckled at his comment. Relax a little!

Old 05-31-2011 | 02:29 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Hamilton's comment aside I was just thinking he was a bit out of control during the race... there is aggressive and then there is reckless... I think he was flirting a bit too much with the reckless end of the spectrum.

Old 05-31-2011 | 06:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Video: Hamilton VS Massa on-board

Ill be the first to admit I am not a large Hamilton fan. But coming from a driver that was good aggressive driving. I would have made that move. Your are hoping that Massa brakes early due to the traffic up ahead. He had was at the half way point on Massa's car. I don't think he should have been penalized for that at all.

As far as the tunnel massa left the door wide open and was shaken up from the first move by Hamilton and just left it open that simple.

Old 06-01-2011 | 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by blissat9k
Video: Hamilton VS Massa on-board

Ill be the first to admit I am not a large Hamilton fan. But coming from a driver that was good aggressive driving. I would have made that move. Your are hoping that Massa brakes early due to the traffic up ahead. He had was at the half way point on Massa's car. I don't think he should have been penalized for that at all.

As far as the tunnel massa left the door wide open and was shaken up from the first move by Hamilton and just left it open that simple.
That's my sense too. Plus historically I have seen people overtake into the grand hotel hairpin in previous years.

Like this one.

YouTube - ‪f1 monaco 1999 - great overtaking by jean alesi‬‏

Massa left the door open, but closed it. Massa may not have seen Hamilton there, and we should give him benefit of the doubt. It was a racing incident.