Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Kimi moving to NASCAR?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 10:09 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes KIMI! This is fantastic! I'd love to see him in a Stock Car.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond reputeABC12M3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GuessWho
Right

Since NASCAR is so easy, and F1 is so hard, how come non of the F1 guys have a championship title in NASCAR?
Yeah, but um, there has never been a NASCAR driver go to F1.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:24 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ABC12M3
Yeah, but um, there has never been a NASCAR driver go to F1.
F1 isn't as inviting as NASCAR. Plus no manufacturers that are in NASCAR are in F1 which makes it even harder.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:10 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
sounds like an elaborate april fools joke to me.

ill believe it when hes sat on the grid.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
Plus no manufacturers that are in NASCAR are in F1 which makes it even harder.
That should change now that Ferrari is building a pickup truck.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:39 PM
This won't end well
Old 04-02-2011, 11:07 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
^ guess what, ill be watching. if he's successful can you imagine the fan reactions to his interviews?

Old 04-02-2011, 11:15 PM
FIGJAM
varsha still thinks its an april fools joke

Motorsport.com

edit: more...

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar...ory?id=6283523

Kimi Raikkonen joins Kyle Busch team

MARTINSVILLE, Va. -- Former Formula One champion Kimi Raikkonen will compete in three to five races for Kyle Busch Motorsports in the Truck Series, and will debut May 20 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Busch said the 31-year-old driver, who shopped himself to several teams, approached his organization in mid-March.

"I have yet to speak to Kimi myself, but apparently there's an interest with him that he wants to run in NASCAR," Busch said Saturday at Martinsville Speedway. "And apparently we won the war.

"Kimi, from what I understand, was real adamant with wanting to work with me and our teams and put together a deal."

Busch said Raikkonen will drive a second KBM truck at Charlotte, but could see time in his No. 18, depending on what other races are run. He said Raikkonen is responsible for bringing a sponsor.

"I don't know where the money is coming from," Busch said. "My contract is with Kimi himself. I do know that there's three sponsors involved. I'll wait for their press release to see if they announce who they are, but there is money backing him."

NASCAR recently gave Raikkonen approval to compete after the rally car driver and 2007 F1 champion sent in his résumé and application. Because of his status in F1, Raikkonen does not have to compete in any other NASCAR event prior to Charlotte.

"He's got the talent to race," Busch said. "He's Formula One. He's obviously a world champion over there, and he's done real well in the rally stuff, so I can't see why he wouldn't be successful in our equipment."

Raikkonen is a former F1 teammate of NASCAR star Juan Pablo Montoya during their days with McLaren. Montoya said Raikkonen "is a cool guy" and will "fit right in."

"Kyle is one of the best in NASCAR, and being able to draw on his knowledge will be a valuable asset as I make my transition to a new form of racing. He has put together an experienced team that builds fast race trucks," Raikkonen said.

Four-time Sprint Cup champion Jeff Gordon expects Raikkonen to go through growing pains, like most drivers who make the jump from open wheel.

"'ll compare it to Juan Pablo," Gordon said. "I know they are a little bit different styles, but I will compare them in the fact that they both have a tremendous amount of talent, a lot of racing experience, there's not a whole lot you can tell them because they know how to get into different race cars and adapt.

"But I will say this is one heck of a series and vehicles that are far more challenging than people realize, especially when you come off high downforce cars. I think the rally cars he's been driving probably give him more experience, or better prepared, to come over here to this series than any of his Formula One cars that were driven."

David Newton covers NASCAR for ESPN.com. He can be reached at dnewtonespn@aol.com.

Last edited by IIVVX; 04-02-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:29 PM
This won't end well
Originally Posted by IIVVX
^ guess what, ill be watching. if he's successful can you imagine the fan reactions to his interviews?
Me too! I can't wait to see his interviews too!

Old 04-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
Me too! I can't wait to see his interviews too!
"I am the Ice Man. I rule any Motorsports"

Quick Reply: Kimi moving to NASCAR?