Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

First bike advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I think a 2006 Ducati 749 Dark. PM me for pricing. I'll give you a rate.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
barebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond repute
Just a note. I would not start out on a SuperSport bike. Resist the temptation, get a nice 500-600 with a solid riding position with and get big mirrors. I love riding but I have ridden a dirtbike for 15+years and a street bike for 9 now, I am freaked by traffic still cagers are very sketchy. I have a few friends with no original skin left on their legs.

It sounds like you like old stuff? Maybe an old cb500 from Honda, learn do to your own maintenance and customize it while you smash it up. BTW go out and buy some personal liability insurance so when you do crash physio and work is taken care of (ask Barrister, guy said his crash cost him $2.5 mil)

Have a great time and if your are in Ontario this summer come up to Muskoka for a ride dude, I will show ya what it's all about.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
barebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
I think a 2006 Ducati 749 Dark. PM me for pricing. I'll give you a rate.
That is my style! I am going to be in your kneck of the woods in 3 weeks. PM me details.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
You have one of those? I love the black Ducatis! I was just looking for an all-black 999S the other day.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Yes I've ridden the bike once. Wife found out and I had to Pull a JOX....Asexuality doesn't fit well on me. I told her I would stop the ideas of riding one again so I could sleep in the bed again

Old 03-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
H20, thanks for the offer. Would love one, but like others have said, it probably is too much bike for me...what else do you have

For some reason, I love older bikes, must be nostalgia associated with them. Newer bikes look without souls...

Old 03-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn bro. Well, you know my email address. I think hahaha.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I've driven an aprilia RS 250, it was terrible to start with as a 16 yr old.. After that I had the '02 R1 and the '09 R6. That last one should have been my first.. it's really easy and forgiving, you should try it.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
THIS is what i want!!! minus dried out rubbers...buts its all good...

In the crate (hopefully theres a bike IN the crate lol) 1992 Kawa kr250 2 stroke...

Fak me, its a sign from the Gods LOL

Kawasaki : KR250C3 on eBay.ca (item 140525084163 end time 28-Mar-11 21:40:01 EDT)

Last edited by Pablo Escobar; 03-25-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:35 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Anything less than a turbo ZX-14 would be a disappointment.

Quick Reply: First bike advice