Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

What's New In F1? A Pictorial Review Of The 2011 Rule Changes

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011 | 06:01 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
What's New In F1? A Pictorial Review Of The 2011 Rule Changes

Bootlegged this from my Autosport digital subscription.

This is very enlightening and is a great review for the upcoming season.

Some of the print if very small, so you may have to squint.

Last edited by Barrister; 02-11-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-12-2011 | 09:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting this Dana! It's a nice refresher for those that haven't been playing close attention to what changes were made to the rules over the off-season and the pictures did a great job of clarifying how these rules will go into effect.

Old 02-12-2011 | 10:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

C'ARN MARK!

Cheers,
Nik

Old 02-12-2011 | 11:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud of
My biggest concern is this, "KERS and adjustable rear wing potentially make for some horrific closing-speed differentials." This is especially true when the amounts of money to be spent on car development is left unregulated. The wealthier teams will dominate, of course. This is what Ferrari is always pushing for. But the real world result will be many more catastrophic events such as Webber driving over the top of a much slower car last year at Valencia. The speed differences between the wealthier teams and the poorer team will only increase. Only about half of the teams will be using KERS. Formula 1 is just too fast for this different "class" system to exist safely on the same track for very long.

Old 02-12-2011 | 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
NICE Dana, I'd rep you if I could

Old 02-12-2011 | 06:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Nice post Dana, the clarification was nice and I was unaware of the floor and the wheel spike rules.

Old 02-12-2011 | 08:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting this Dana! There are a lot more rule changes than I had originally thought! Should be an exciting season!

Old 02-12-2011 | 08:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud of
I forgot that the 107% rule was being reinstated. I hate to see slower teams loose the opportunity to show their cars on the track for the big race,.. but I agree with F1 that it is the best way to keep the sport safer.