Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Raikkonen wins French national rally

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 07:37 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Raikkonen wins French national rally

Red Bull driver Kimi Raikkonen has won his first ever rally - the Rallye Vosgien which started and finished yesterday. The Finn was driving his usual Citroen C4 WRC and was unbeaten on all six stages on the national-level French event, which ran in the Strasbourg area close to where the next round of the World Rally Championship, the Rally of France, will be based.

The event, which took Raikkoen a shade under an hour to complete, consisted of two stages run in three loops - and Raikkonen won by more than three minutes from Quentin Gilbert in a Renault Clio Maxi.

"This was a good preparation for the Rally of France," said Raikkonen. "From what I am told, the roads on this event were fairly representative of what we will see on the next WRC round, so I am happy. It's also good to get back into driving the car on asphalt - that's very useful as well."

The Citroen Junior Team is unable to test ahead of the Strasbourg-based WRC having used or pre-assigned all of its 15 test days. Competing on the Rallye Vosgien was the next best thing to a test for Raikkonen and co-driver Kaj Lindtsrom.

Source [Autosport]

Old 09-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
If he keeps this momentum going, he'll never want to go back to F1.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:14 AM
Teamspeed Member
Pelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the rough
He's getting better and better every rally. In a few years I hope to see him fighting for wins and maybe championships in WRC. At first I wanted him back in F1, but now I have a feeling this is where he belongs more. It seems to be a much better atmosphere in WRC for him.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I know people hate him, but I love this guy. He's just a dude who keeps to himself, likes to party, and just wants to enjoy life. Sounds like a plan to me... oh, and the $25 mil from Ferrari didn't hurt either.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:53 PM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
And he is actually smiling in the photos you see lately from WRC
Does he really want to be back in F!?

Old 09-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
The man can drive there's no doubt about that.

His return to F1 is not looking likely

Old 09-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I know people hate him, but I love this guy. He's just a dude who keeps to himself, likes to party, and just wants to enjoy life. Sounds like a plan to me... oh, and the $25 mil from Ferrari didn't hurt either.
Exactly! I am huge Kimi fan and will follow any series he competes in.

Old 09-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
*&^^^^ this .