Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Raikkonen 13th in debut rally

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009 | 10:16 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Raikkonen 13th in debut rally

2007 World Champion Kimi Raikkonen has finished his first professional rally in 13th place.

The Finn entered the Arctic Lapland Rally, held at the weekend in his native Finland, with a Fiat Abarth Grande Punto S2000, where he contested a dozen stages and 230 kilometres of timed runs over snow and ice in the polar dimness of the arctic circle.

He finished less than seven minutes behind the winner Juha Salo, and more than seven minutes in front of F1's 1998 and 1999 World Champion Mika Hakkinen, who contested the event with a Mitsubishi Lancer.

Former twice World Rally Champion Marcus Gronholm, however, said he is so far unconvinced about Ferrari driver Raikkonen's abilities.

"It's hard to say about Raikkonen yet," the 40-year-old Finn told the News of the World.
"He might be a hell of a driver, but I don't think he can learn to drive (rallies) right off the bat."

Former Sauber and Ferrari driver Mika Salo also raced, but the highest-placed ex-Formula One name was JJ Lehto, who finished the rally ninth and ahead of 28-year-old Raikkonen by a minute.

D.B. © CAPSIS International
Source: GMM

Attached Images  
Old 01-26-2009 | 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
dRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond repute
LOOOL! Nice pic! I guess his excursions off track this season led him in this direction??? Perhaps a smart move to sharpen his feel for "over-the-limit" handling!! In any case I'm sure he had a blast!!

Old 01-26-2009 | 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a fun race! I would imagine that rally and F1 are very different disciplines in the auto sports spectrum, so his 13th place finish really isn't that bad I suppose.

Old 01-26-2009 | 10:43 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dRivingSidwayz
LOOOL! Nice pic! I guess his excursions off track this season led him in this direction??? Perhaps a smart move to sharpen his feel for "over-the-limit" handling!! In any case I'm sure he had a blast!!
i am sure it was quite an experience, there are rumors that he would like to pursue a career in rallying after he retires from F1. btw, nice helmet livery you've got there.

Old 01-27-2009 | 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
dRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond reputedRivingSidwayz has a reputation beyond repute
Thanx! I can't take credit for it. I just mentioned a couple of ideas and color combos revolving around our country's flag to an established and very talented helmet designer and out came the design! Will gladly provide the details if you are looking to get a helmet designed and painted. He's based in the UK.

I'm definitely a fan of Raikkonen and believe he would be successful in rally as well.

Old 01-27-2009 | 08:29 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dRivingSidwayz
Thanx! I can't take credit for it. I just mentioned a couple of ideas and color combos revolving around our country's flag to an established and very talented helmet designer and out came the design! Will gladly provide the details if you are looking to get a helmet designed and painted. He's based in the UK.

I'm definitely a fan of Raikkonen and believe he would be successful in rally as well.
thanks for the heads up, PM sent