Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Barrichello apologises to Alonso

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Barrichello apologises to Alonso

From Planet F1:

Rubens Barrichello has said sorry to Fernando Alonso after crashing into the Ferrari driver and in doing so, putting an end to his own 300th GP.

Barrichello, who holds the record for the most grand prix starts in F1 history, was celebrating his 300th race in Belgium this weekend, determined to bag a few points on the occasion.

But it was not to be. Despite starting seventh on the grid, the Brazilian's race came to an abrupt end on lap 1 when a few drops of rain sent him hurtling into Alonso's Ferrari.

The accident forced Alonso to pit for repairs but, sadly for Barrichello, it meant an unsuccessful end to his milestone grand prix.

"Despite my experience, it was very difficult to know how wet the track was on the opening lap, but it was fully wet when I came into Blanchimont," he said.

"I was closing the door on Rosberg and when I touched the brakes, even though it was quite early, it wasn't sufficient to stop the car. The car went straight on into Alonso, for which I'm sorry.

"It's also sad for the team. We've had such a positive weekend that a good result would have been a nice conclusion.

"Despite not having a good outcome in my 300th race, I'm confident we will go well in the 301st!"