Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Ferrari fined $100,000 for team orders

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 07:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I think both drivers should be penalized a whole lotta grid spots at the next race. Maybe start 'em from the rear.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Fine Red Bull Renault too then.

Did we already forget about all of the BS between Weber and Vettel?

If those weren't team orders, I don't know what is.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:59 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by d33pblu3
I think they should change the results, its the only action that will be a deterrent against dong this. Ferrari, for example, has been warned many times and have been fined before...what's $100k to Ferrari? Of course they will accept this, they're getting off light.

In comparison, changing a tranny nets a start from the rear, crossing the solid white on pit exit garnishes a 10sec stop and go, speed limit through the pits same, but manipulating the race finish is a $100k fine? Like I said in another post, if this was any other team, there would be tall wooden crosses standing in the infield....imho of course.
kind of OT but i love that pic in your avatar, have you made a thread yet? beautiful car man

Old 07-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
I was going to say they shouldn't be penalized this race, but they did win it fair square, definitely penalize them some grid spots next race.

Thanks, that's my 01 Lapis Blue Turbo, turned 10yo in May, one of the best and most fun cars I have owned.

Have I made a thread? I probably started a few but not about my car yet, have some mew mods happening when I get home, I'll post more on the car then.

Originally Posted by IIVVX
kind of OT but i love that pic in your avatar, have you made a thread yet? beautiful car man

Old 07-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of light
Can someone explain what exactly they did wrong?

Old 07-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DchaMD
Can someone explain what exactly they did wrong?
They ordered a racing driver not to race. During a race.

Thus, Alonso didn't win by superior performance, just by team orders. We were deprived of seeing whether Alonso's superior late-race pace was enough to overcome Massa's superior early-race pace.

If Alonso wins the championship (and that's a big IF), the victory will be tainted by this. Remember Schumacher winning the WDC by pushing Damon Hill off the track? To this day, there's a feeling that he didn't truly *win* that title.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
..and last years' Hamilton win after Timo Glocks intermittent "mechanical glitch" with the finish line in sight. prche951, you reading this?

Originally Posted by PMac
They ordered a racing driver not to race. During a race.

Thus, Alonso didn't win by superior performance, just by team orders. We were deprived of seeing whether Alonso's superior late-race pace was enough to overcome Massa's superior early-race pace.

If Alonso wins the championship (and that's a big IF), the victory will be tainted by this. Remember Schumacher winning the WDC by pushing Damon Hill off the track? To this day, there's a feeling that he didn't truly *win* that title.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Gunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of lightGunther is a glorious beacon of light
Both Ferrari's should be excluded from the results of the GP. That is the only way this will be taken seriously by the teams.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Member
m7mmed MD is on a distinguished roadm7mmed MD is on a distinguished roadm7mmed MD is on a distinguished roadm7mmed MD is on a distinguished roadm7mmed MD is on a distinguished roadm7mmed MD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gunther
Both Ferrari's should be excluded from the results of the GP. That is the only way this will be taken seriously by the teams.
very true.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
both drivers would've finished 1-2 regardless, but it was the team that decided who should finish where. Take them out of the constructors championship like McLaren in '07.

Quick Reply: Ferrari fined $100,000 for team orders