Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Patient Schumacher targets another title

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:33 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Patient Schumacher targets another title

Patient Schumacher targets another title - GPUpdate.net

Michael Schumacher may not been in contention for the championship this year although the 7-time World Champion is determined to pick up an eighth world crown in 2011, before his current contract with Mercedes comes to an end after 2012.

Mathematically, Schumacher is not out of the running this season – 109 points behind World Championship leader Lewis Hamilton with a maximum of 225 still up for grabs – although the German, preparing to contest his home Grand Prix in a silver arrow for the first time this weekend, has high expectations for next year.

“When I came back the aim was to win another title,” he said without hesitation on Thursday. “That's what I'm here for, very clearly; I know the final target and where I want to go and I'm confident that I can achieve it.”

Having admitted to BBC Sport at Silverstone that he must ‘raise his game’, aware that that team-mate Nico Rosberg has scored over double his sum of points, Schumacher also described his first half of 2010.

“I'm not perfectly happy with my own performance,” he admitted. “There is an expectation out there which is impossible to meet (with the current car), but I'm not a magician - I just need time and I will take my time.”