Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Kubica and Massa play down 2011 Ferrari seat rumors

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Post Kubica and Massa play down 2011 Ferrari seat rumors

Robert Kubica and Felipe Massa on Thursday played down the rumours about their respective futures.

With Brazilian Massa's Ferrari contract set to expire, it is suggested that Kubica, 25, could be drafted in from Renault to be his friend Fernando Alonso's teammate in 2011 and beyond.

The speculation has gained even more pace given the Pole's impressive start to this season, but he said in China: "I don't think for any seconds or any minutes about next year.

"There were rumours about Ferrari last year, and now there are rumours again this year. So far, the rumours have only been rumours," added Kubica.

Some sections of the media have touted the possibility of a new three-year contract for 28-year-old Massa, who has been with Ferrari since 2006.

But Italian sources have suggested the Kubica rumours might be true, and when asked about his talks with Ferrari Massa said on Thursday: "I think there's really no rush for the moment.

"Even before my accident last year, some talks started to renew the contract, and those talks have started again.

"I'm really not in a rush to do that. Improving race by race and fighting for the championship is more on my mind," he added.

Source: GMM

Old 04-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
Kubica is certainly flavour of the month but think Ferrari will wait until the end of the season to decide. Massa will have had plenty of opportunities to prove himself worthy of an extension then.