Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Media Lashes Out At "Sad Postscript" Schumacher

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Media Lashes Out At "Sad Postscript" Schumacher

Well, that didn't take long.

Source: Media hits out at 'sad postscript ' Michael Schumacher | Mercedes | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1.

Last edited by Barrister; 03-29-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Can't believe this isn't getting more attention.

Where are all of the Schumi homers and fanboys to defend him??

Everyone is fixated on Hamilton I guess.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Honestly. Nobody has anything to say on his behalf?

Wow. 7 World Driver Championships don't buy you much loyalty.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
It'll take him a while to build the team around him, get up to speed with the new cars, and get back to the physical condition he was notorious for in the past. I expect him to improve his pace relentlessly, but only time will tell if a 41-year old can have the reflexes and physical stamina to race at the tippy-top. His talent isn't in doubt, but there are a bunch of genuinely brilliant drivers in F1 currently (Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso) and a whole heap of really, really, really good ones (Massa, Button, Kubica), all of whom have decent cars this year.

F1 isn't something you can put down for three years, then just pick up again. Remember Jacques Villeneuve's 'comeback'?

Old 03-30-2010, 01:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by PMac
It'll take him a while to build the team around him, get up to speed with the new cars, and get back to the physical condition he was notorious for in the past. I expect him to improve his pace relentlessly, but only time will tell if a 41-year old can have the reflexes and physical stamina to race at the tippy-top. His talent isn't in doubt, but there are a bunch of genuinely brilliant drivers in F1 currently (Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso) and a whole heap of really, really, really good ones (Massa, Button, Kubica), all of whom have decent cars this year.

F1 isn't something you can put down for three years, then just pick up again. Remember Jacques Villeneuve's 'comeback'?
All very good points and well said.

See, now that wasn't so hard was it.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Michael will never be what he was at Ferrari in fact I'm going out on a limb and saying the best he can hope for is being a dark horse of the championship in 2011. Having said that, he is the most accomplished driver in F1 history and I don't believe that will change in our lifetime.
I have no problem with Michael's less than spectacular form and I'm not reading too much into it. But that's probably because of my fierce loyalty to Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

Old 03-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
I said it before and I'll say it again. This is going to be like what happened to Jordan when he came out of retirement. A little rusty, an ok (but certainly not top) team, and a lot of hype and expectation. The perfect recipe for a lackluster performance.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Nobody can come out of retirement and make a comeback like Michael... Jordan's first comeback.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
didnt expect him to blow f1 away with his come back, this aint the movies, serious competition out there

Old 03-30-2010, 05:03 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Can't believe this isn't getting more attention.

Where are all of the Schumi homers and fanboys to defend him??

Everyone is fixated on Hamilton I guess.
Originally Posted by Barrister
Honestly. Nobody has anything to say on his behalf?

Wow. 7 World Driver Championships don't buy you much loyalty.
What is there to say? They're right. Although, even If I had the 40mil option in the FL I would switch him out. He's still the greatest in my book, even If I have to go down with him.

Quick Reply: Media Lashes Out At "Sad Postscript" Schumacher