Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Media Lashes Out At "Sad Postscript" Schumacher

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 05:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tips
didnt expect him to blow f1 away with his come back, this aint the movies, serious competition out there
+1
To me he is doing well for the the first few races back... now we need to see if he can hold on between 5th and 10th for the rest of the season.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PMac
F1 isn't something you can put down for three years, then just pick up again. Remember Jacques Villeneuve's 'comeback'?
Before I pull out my torch, please confirm that you are really, REALLY comparing Michael with Villeneuve. (please say you aren't)

Rest assured, Michael will be on the podium before the half way point of this season (Silverstone) and will win a race this year. (quote me if you dare!)

Old 03-30-2010, 08:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think we'll see Schumacher win a race all season. We might get lucky enough to see him on the podium but I doubt it. He is still a brilliant driver but in his current state, he can't hold a candle to the best of the rest.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quattro joe
Before I pull out my torch, please confirm that you are really, REALLY comparing Michael with Villeneuve. (please say you aren't)
Only to the extent that they were former champions who retired, then came out of retirement to try again.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I'd say lets wait and see in 5-7 races.....after all he has been away for a while ;o) However I must admit that I started out with picking him for the first race.....in the fantasy league

Old 03-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
I always strongly disliked Schumi, so I have to say I'm delighted with his poor performance.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
It's not surprising given that he's been away from the sport for so long, and off crashing motorcycles. I would expect the bad press and taunts are only going to piss him off, and a pissed off Schumi is going to surprise a lot of people.

Right now he's still "having fun" apparently. The real fun will start when he isn't.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
I said it before and I'll say it again. This is going to be like what happened to Jordan when he came out of retirement. A little rusty, an ok (but certainly not top) team, and a lot of hype and expectation. The perfect recipe for a lackluster performance.
For Jordan's first comeback he wasn't away for 3 years, and while both stayed athletically active during their "breaks" Jordan was never critically injured AND less new superstar talent appeared in his absence compared to F1 which has seen an infusion of WDC level talent and Schumi had to first spend time getting healthy before getting faster. I think he'll improve but the competition intensified while he layed dormant, not an ideal combination. But what do i know...

Old 03-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen this comeback all along for what it is: a marketing strategy on Mercedez end and utter boredom on the pitwall on Michael's end. Never had an expectation that he would dominate from the get go. I'm not sure, really, how many F1 fans expected him to dominate as, apparently, the media surrounding F1 has hyped and expected. He is highly marketable because of his past accomplishments, which Bernie and Mercedez absolutely love. And he frees himself from these ho hum cameos of staring at the telemetry monitor every weekend behind Stephano. I think Michael is wired to compete and drive and that's it. It's like he's institutionalized by the seat and wheel. His mind is still young and hungry, but his hand-to-eye coordination may be waning, and his equipment is not up to speed with the Scuderia and other teams. I think like Jordan--the second time--these guys sometimes need to hit a low point to realize they are done, finished, over. So I am sure there is some self-realization that is going on inside his head right now; he may come to a point and realize that his golden era has passed.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Can't believe this isn't getting more attention.

Where are all of the Schumi homers and fanboys to defend him??

Everyone is fixated on Hamilton I guess.
Fanboys? I'm surprised with your love from McLaren and Mercedes, you're not all over this.

It will take some time for Schumacher to get back into kill mode.

Quick Reply: Media Lashes Out At "Sad Postscript" Schumacher