Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Hamilton Blasts McLaren Strategy

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Teamspeed Member
Simple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by strebo
If you are trying to tell me that If, lets say Webber, would've said the same thing on the radio and that they wouldn't have aired it just because he's not "the main catalyst to an exiting race" you must be the most arrogant F1-fan I've come across. You do know that the transmissions are delayed right? And we do know for a fact that all transmissions are recorded.

During all of the last 10years I've been watching Formula 1 I don't remember this has happened before. Yes, cursing at other drivers, or maybe swearing about going with the wrong tires, but complaining about "Who made the call"? No way.

For the record, I didn't mean that someone would tell him to stfu during the race, I meant that he should know better and keep his mouth shut and if he feels that he has to complain, do it in private with his team-boss/mates.
I've never been called arrogant before but thanks for the compliment (my boys are swinging bigger than ever now ). I know all transmissions are recorded, but just because you've never witnessed something before does it mean it has never happened before? that is a bit disingenuous don't ya think?

Case in point, anybody remember when button was still with Honda? umhh there didn't seem to be as much noise when he made his comments to his team about the car sucking or just quitting races in '07? Rubens Barrichello and Ross Brawn last year on the radio? remember those fights about his car breaking down & team orders? remember him going to the press?

thanks for the clarification, and certainly I understand that but as I said sometimes in the heat of battle, your emotions get the better of you. Certainly there was no malice intended nor did he mean to undermine anyone, he wants to win and I would hope all drivers have the same passion unless why pay them millions?

Old 03-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
The issue is not whether or not he should have been upset about the strategy call. The issue is that he should not be airing those feelings over the radio, when the whole world could potentially hear it. Bottom line it is very unprofessional and makes him and the team look like crap.

Save it for the debrief.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:18 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely Turbogallardo.

End thread.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:19 PM
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
And don't be a little girl and leave rep to air your feelings simple.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Schumacher would probably know better?

The british press are always hard on their stars.
I wouldn't be so sure of that...

Michael Schumacher hit out at Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton after qualifying in Melbourne - accusing his fellow world champions of blocking him.

Schumacher made a point of discussing the matter with Alonso in parc ferme, and also approached FIA representative Charlie Whiting to ask for a rules clarification.

"Basically on my last try, I was slowed down by him," said Schumacher when asked why he had approached Alonso.

"I asked him whether the team had told him, and he said 'no'.

"It's difficult in a way because he's on his in-lap and worrying about other things other than watching the mirror, but saying that, we had this chat yesterday in the drivers' briefing - that care should be taken about this - and he was one of the main guys [talking] about it.

"I had a conversation with Charlie about this as well, because I need to know what is the reference, what are the guidelines here, what are the rules?

"Because if the rules have changed a little bit to what they used to be, I need to know what you would be okay with, and what not.

"I had a similar issue with Lewis, that he was preparing his lap and blocking me in a way, which is not very nice."

But Schumacher's team boss Ross Brawn played down the row.

"I think it was a little bit messy," he said.

"Everyone was out there trying to stay out of each other's way, and allow other people to do laps.

"Because the cars needed to do so many laps to get the tyres working, there were a lot more cars on the track for a lot longer.

"No big controversy."

He said he could understand Schumacher's frustration but doubted he was being singled out by his younger rivals.

"I think Michael wasn't very happy at qualifying where he was, and there's a lot of traffic out there," Brawn mused.

"I don't think anyone was maliciously trying to stop anyone doing another lap, just trying to make a judgement call on how quick you need to go with someone behind you is not easy.

"I think there needs to be a certain tolerance, but people also need reminding if they've spoilt someone's lap."

Old 03-30-2010, 03:53 PM
^^^

It isn't his team. Bollocks your competitors all you want.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simple1
I've never been called arrogant before but thanks for the compliment (my boys are swinging bigger than ever now ). I know all transmissions are recorded, but just because you've never witnessed something before does it mean it has never happened before? that is a bit disingenuous don't ya think?

Case in point, anybody remember when button was still with Honda? umhh there didn't seem to be as much noise when he made his comments to his team about the car sucking or just quitting races in '07? Rubens Barrichello and Ross Brawn last year on the radio? remember those fights about his car breaking down & team orders? remember him going to the press?

thanks for the clarification, and certainly I understand that but as I said sometimes in the heat of battle, your emotions get the better of you. Certainly there was no malice intended nor did he mean to undermine anyone, he wants to win and I would hope all drivers have the same passion unless why pay them millions?
Since I've made my point about 15times i'll leave this thread with you making a fool out of yourself.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:33 PM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
his early success will turn him into an insufferable prick(if it hasn't already). vettel will probably end up a better person and driver because of his pension for choking.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
vettel will probably end up a better person and driver because of his pension for choking.
Jeebus, enough with the cultural stereotypes. Fewer than 80% of Germans are into that sort of kinky sex. For the most part, they draw the line at fisting and buttsecks. That's a fact.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ ^^^

Quick Reply: Hamilton Blasts McLaren Strategy