Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Hamilton Blasts McLaren Strategy

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 04:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
Simple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I'm sorry, but Hamilton needs to grow up. There are a lot of good drivers in a lot of good cars this year. Every one of them will make at least one mistake this year. Besides, from what I recall, Hamilton was pissing and moaning about his tires going out when his team told him they were fine.

I think Hamilton misses having Ron Dennis as an active part of the team. They were real buddy-buddy.

Meanwhile, nobody has heard a peep from Schumacher about why he wasn't able to hang closer to Rosberg. I doubt he's blaming his team.
whoa, whoaaa, let's all calm down here. This is not about growing up, should he not be allowed to vent?
You recall wrong Alzilla, he was moaning after he caught up to the ferraris after being more than 15 secs down on them after the moronic second pit stop! You remember he had passed Rosberg, Massa,(something Alonso couldn't/wouldn't do) to move to 3rd? What did Schumacher who you are praising do? Alonso seemed to have no problems passing through all that traffic

Who made that race interesting if not Hamilton (Have to say Webber drove well too)? from 11th to 3rd? only to be dropped down to 6th. When he makes mistakes (last year @ Monza), he has apologized to his team profusely say what you want, but that is what a professional is. One should be able to criticize and also acknowledge when one is wrong (which is exactly what Whitmash did).

Like I stated in a previous thread, FIA & FOTA have to find a way to make the disruption of "dirty" not affect the cars so much so that passing can become slightly easier. I think he "might" have caught Button (brave call by him) but alas this weekend is another race weekend.

(not directed at Alzilla) Also I don't think he made the comments so everyone could hear, transmissions between team & drivers are not all made public, we just happened to hear from hamilton because he was the main catalyst to a very exciting race. I mean he was extremely disappointed when they told him none of the front runners would be stopping again, as he should have. He realized then he had to make up all that ground and when he did he couldn't pass them, f1 racing gotta love it all this drama for no reason.

Last edited by Simple1; 03-29-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:42 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simple1
whoa, whoaaa, let's all calm down here. This is not about growing up, should he not be allowed to vent?
You recall wrong Alzilla, he was moaning after he caught up to the ferraris after being more than 15 secs down on them after the moronic second pit stop! You remember he had passed Rosberg, Massa,(something Alonso couldn't/wouldn't do) to move to 3rd? What did Schumacher who you are praising do? Alonso seemed to have no problems passing through all that traffic

Who made that race interesting if not Hamilton (Have to say Webber drove well too)? from 11th to 3rd? only to be dropped down to 6th. When he makes mistakes (last year @ Monza), he has apologized to his team profusely say what you want, but that is what a professional is. One should be able to criticize and also acknowledge when one is wrong (which is exactly what Whitmash did).

Like I state in a previous thread, FIA & FOTA have to find a way to make the disruption of "dirty" not affect the cars so much so that passing can become slightly easier. I think he "might" have caught Button (brave call by him) but alas this weekend is another race weekend.

(not directed at Alzilla) Also I don't think he made the comments so everyone could hear, transmissions between team & drivers are not all made public, we just happened to hear from hamilton because he was the main catalyst to a very exciting race. I mean he was extremely disappointed when they told him none of the front runners would be stopping again, as he should have. He realized then he had to make up all that ground and when he did he couldn't pass them, f1 racing gotta love it all this drama for no reason.
But does the Team whine about it on the radio during a race? Didn't think so ...

Old 03-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. Seems strange for him to be so publicly critical of his team. But he's got to blame someone other than himself. I agree with him. The second stop was a bad idea, and everyone else's tires held up. I think the McLaren guys thought there were going to be tire issues on the one-stoppers.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Member
Simple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by strebo
But does the Team whine about it on the radio during a race? Didn't think so ...
They can't, when drivers crash their lives are usually in danger. Hamilton has never had to apologize for not trying enough, he drives his heart out all the time. I doubt you'll find anyone on the team who will criticize him for trying too hard which is all he's done for 3 yrs.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
^^ It's not à question of "trying enough". It's à question of shutting the f up until you make to the pits and can take the conversation with the team. Not openly blaming the team for à call tjat can't be un-done. That would be the same as an engineer telling him to don't crash into à wall 5seconds after hes done it. (I apoligize for My spelling, Im on My phone)

Old 03-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by strebo
^^ It's not à question of "trying enough". It's à question of shutting the f up until you make to the pits and can take the conversation with the team. Not openly blaming the team for à call tjat can't be un-done. That would be the same as an engineer telling him to don't crash into à wall 5seconds after hes done it. (I apoligize for My spelling, Im on My phone)
ummh don't know about that one bud! the only reason we know about him talking to his engineers was because the transmission was broadcast, I'm sure there other drivers who have called out their team but since it wasn't broadcast nobody knows.

Telling to to shut the f up in the middle of a heated race is down right ridiculous. I go-kart and I know in a middle of a race and illegal actions go on I vent in the middle of the race not because I'm immature but you're competing so you are tied to your emotions. 1st people say he's a machine when he shows emotions as a human being he being unprofessional, men this dude cannot win anything.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
and i thought guys hated Alonso here...

Old 03-29-2010, 11:32 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
You are annoying me Simple1.

Hamilton is a little unprofessional bitch. Everyone knows that anyone can listen to the team radio.

If you had a job, something happened to you at that job, and you went and publicly announced your dissatisfaction with whatever the decision, thus embarrassing the company and undermining your bosses, im pretty sure at the very least you would be bollocked, probably be fired. I would throw you from the balcony.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
But what is worse?

1) Lewis Hamilton showing a bit too much competative zeal and letting it get the better of him; or

2) Michael Schumacher's complete and utter failure to perform while getting paid nearly $50 million by Mercedes GP - but with a smile.

If Schumacher would have done what Lewis did, he would have been lauded as F1's "bad boy."

But when Lewis does it, he gets sacked by the media.

I realize that Lewis is bit of a "pretty boy" - I have met him in person and even felt like he was a bit light in the loafers.

Yet this indiscriminate persecution by the Brittish press is hard to understand.

Even on the BBC broadcast of all race sessions in Australia, all they could do was crack jokes about the "Hooling" incident.

I just don't get it.....

Last edited by Barrister; 03-29-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:42 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Schumacher would probably know better?

The british press are always hard on their stars.

Quick Reply: Hamilton Blasts McLaren Strategy