Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Hamilton Blasts McLaren Strategy

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
You are annoying me Simple1.

Hamilton is a little unprofessional bitch. Everyone knows that anyone can listen to the team radio.

If you had a job, something happened to you at that job, and you went and publicly announced your dissatisfaction with whatever the decision, thus embarrassing the company and undermining your bosses, im pretty sure at the very least you would be bollocked, probably be fired. I would throw you from the balcony.
Can you REALLYcompare the F1 environment to a corporate office? If you're as important to your company as Lewis is to McLaren you've earned the right to air your grievance. The name calling of someone you know nothing about beyond an image on your TV screen shows who really needs to mature. If you've never been in the public eye the way Hamilton has, what gives you the insight to judge him or give the,"if i was him..." argument? Personal attacks on a stranger borderlines ignorance.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Schumacher would probably know better?

The british press are always hard on their stars.
Alright. But I have to admit, I would take a mouthy punk who competes than an ageing champion who looks through rose colored glasses.

Just sayin'.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
At the time, I thought it wise for Mclaren to call Lewis in since he was struggling behind Kubica, with the thinking that the Kubica and the Ferraris would have to stop again.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
At the time, I thought it wise for Mclaren to call Lewis in since he was struggling behind Kubica, with the thinking that the Kubica and the Ferraris would have to stop again.
Lewis was struggling to get by kubica, not struggling behind him. Lewis' made an attempt, lost ground then got right back on Kubica's tail. The team should've pushed Lewis on with the tires he had if he doubted the cars performance.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
At the heat of the moment he has the right to say what's on his mind I guess. Nothing wrong with that and it's not like he threw the whole race away after that. He got taken out but continued to fight for position.

Was it the right call? In hindsight it probably wasn't but he could have thrown the race away by staying on deteriorating rubber. He came in sixth, salvaging some much needed points after nearly loosing it all in that corner with Webber.

Hamilton drove an inspired race and fought for all his positions. He pushed all the way to the checkered flag and no time will ask more of its driver.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:20 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
Can you REALLYcompare the F1 environment to a corporate office? If you're as important to your company as Lewis is to McLaren you've earned the right to air your grievance. The name calling of someone you know nothing about beyond an image on your TV screen shows who really needs to mature. If you've never been in the public eye the way Hamilton has, what gives you the insight to judge him or give the,"if i was him..." argument? Personal attacks on a stranger borderlines ignorance.
If the CEO of ExxonMobil ( who would be infinitely more " important " to the company than Lewis is to McLaren ) came out and undermined the company, yeah, he would get in trouble with the board.

And making assumptions about a stranger also boarders on ignorance.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:41 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simple1
ummh don't know about that one bud! the only reason we know about him talking to his engineers was because the transmission was broadcast, I'm sure there other drivers who have called out their team but since it wasn't broadcast nobody knows.

Telling to to shut the f up in the middle of a heated race is down right ridiculous. I go-kart and I know in a middle of a race and illegal actions go on I vent in the middle of the race not because I'm immature but you're competing so you are tied to your emotions. 1st people say he's a machine when he shows emotions as a human being he being unprofessional, men this dude cannot win anything.
If you are trying to tell me that If, lets say Webber, would've said the same thing on the radio and that they wouldn't have aired it just because he's not "the main catalyst to an exiting race" you must be the most arrogant F1-fan I've come across. You do know that the transmissions are delayed right? And we do know for a fact that all transmissions are recorded.

During all of the last 10years I've been watching Formula 1 I don't remember this has happened before. Yes, cursing at other drivers, or maybe swearing about going with the wrong tires, but complaining about "Who made the call"? No way.

For the record, I didn't mean that someone would tell him to stfu during the race, I meant that he should know better and keep his mouth shut and if he feels that he has to complain, do it in private with his team-boss/mates.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
I can only dream of such passionate heart-felt bitching from Alonso fans.

One day......

Old 03-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
(anti-lewis) mob mentality....coming from tifosi!

Old 03-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Teamspeed Member
Simple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of light
You are annoying me Simple1.

Hamilton is a little unprofessional bitch. Everyone knows that anyone can listen to the team radio.

If you had a job, something happened to you at that job, and you went and publicly announced your dissatisfaction with whatever the decision, thus embarrassing the company and undermining your bosses, im pretty sure at the very least you would be bollocked, probably be fired. I would throw you from the balcony.
Whoaaaa Nelly there men! annoying you by presenting another side of the coin? guess you're not much for discourse, I'll gladly leave you to your own devices.

"Hamilton is a little unprofessional bitch" p.s you don't hide your hate too well, obviously what we're talking about is racing & passion and what you're talking about certainly goes beyond racing.

Originally Posted by quattro joe
I can only dream of such passionate heart-felt bitching from Alonso fans.

One day......
that day is coming my friend

Last edited by Simple1; 03-30-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Hamilton Blasts McLaren Strategy