Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

The Dream Is Dead: US F1 Officially Calls It Quits

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
I'll drive for ya Alex

Old 03-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Come on, Dana. Help me out. We'll buy what there is of USF1 for pennies on the dollar and shove it in Windsor's face!
Three half-eaten donuts and a Queen's English dictionary won't help us much.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Three half-eaten donuts and a Queen's English dictionary won't help us much.
Ziiiing! Better than nothing though!

I was a bit more interested in the tooling and manufacturing facilities... Talk about being a kid and a candy shop!

Old 03-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Ziiiing! Better than nothing though!

I was a bit more interested in the tooling and manufacturing facilities... Talk about being a kid and a candy shop!
All jokes a side, I am still trying to figure what the hell are thy planing to do with all of that. I saw all the pics of there NC facility and it is a shame all that money going down the drain plus all the jobs lost.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Renovatiopr
All jokes a side, I am still trying to figure what the hell are thy planing to do with all of that. I saw all the pics of there NC facility and it is a shame all that money going down the drain plus all the jobs lost.
It's called "Bankruptcy."

Old 03-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
well to keep adding to he fire I just read the article in Autoblog:

The USF1 saga may have taken a turn for the worse today as Autosport reports that the hopeful team's operations have 'effectively been shut down.' Team personnel and the remainder of the operation's employees were reportedly given the news today that their services would no longer be needed, though some unknown number of them technically remain employed (albeit unpaid).

Assuming for a moment that this news is accurate – though it's yet to be confirmed, the team's recent woes certainly mean this report is stupendously unsurprising – it's not clear what USF1 investor and YouTube co-founder Chad Hurley will do, though SpeedTV is reporting he may just cut his losses and get out of the Formula 1 game entirely.

Serbian outfit Stefan Grand Prix is thought to be the leading candidate to fill the vacancy left by USF1's departure from the 2010 grid. We'll likely get some sort of response from the FIA within the next few days. Stay tuned, race fans.

A couple of things stand up,

a) 'effectively been shut down'
b)Chad Hurley, though SpeedTV is reporting he may just cut his losses and get out of the Formula 1 game entirely

Old 03-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Barrister
It's called "Bankruptcy."
Well on legal terms, that is the only option. What I am most intrigued is on how much discount they would have to price there assets in order to sell them.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Thoughts just keep rolling through my head.

I won't get to see US F1 at the Canadian GP now.

We were looking forward to showing some serious patriotism.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
^ +1 what a let down...even though everyone knew it was going to happen. It still pisses me off.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
Disgust. Seemed like they were making progress for a while. But when you don't fire up a motor and January rolls around how credible can you be at that point (*cue Ross Brawn smiling in the corner*)? Sounds like a $$$$$ issue and needing a sponsor. Windsor will chalk it up to lack of money, not operational progress. Who knows. But he owes all of us a press conference for some answers. There goes any shot at getting a GP back here for a while . . .

Quick Reply: The Dream Is Dead: US F1 Officially Calls It Quits