Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

The Dream Is Dead: US F1 Officially Calls It Quits

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The Dream Is Dead: US F1 Officially Calls It Quits

I know that this news has been circulating all morning here.

But I just wanted to post the facts and express my bitter disappointment.

I actually got sick to my stomach when I read this.

I am embarassed for the whole operation and what it says to the world about the United State's ability to ever race competatively in F1.

Can't express my disgust enough.

Like others, I just had no confidence in Windsor. I must say that he is little more that a pariah to me now. If he goes back to SPEED, I will mute the TV when he speaks.

I don't know whose fault it was, but someone really screwed the pooch here.

Unforgivable.

Last edited by Barrister; 03-02-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Such a bummer even though everyone knew this was going to happen. Maybe we'll have another US team one day in the near future.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smy266
Such a bummer even though everyone knew this was going to happen. Maybe we'll have another US team one day in the near future.
I highly doubt it.

If you go to a quiet place and listen very carefully, you can hear Bernie cackling at us - along with the rest of the F1 world.

That is the worst part.

Last edited by Barrister; 03-02-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely heartbreaking. I really feel terrible for the engineers and other employees at USF1 who are now effectively out a job due to no fault of their own. The investors really got screwed here too. From everything I've read thus far, Windsor and Anderson really come across as being incredibly naive and irresponsible when it comes to managing an F1 team. Hopefully another US-based team can pick up where these guys left off and do it right.

It's also really hard to believe that Stefan GP is that much farther ahead than USF1 even though they were turned down for a spot on the grid months and months ago. That really makes USF1 look that much worse.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I highly doubt it.

If you got to a quiet place and listen very carefully, you can hear Bernie cackling at us - along with the rest of the F1 world.

That is the worst part.
Dana, I'm going to need some help from you and the other well-heeled forum members with this, but I think if we pooled our resources, we could essentially put together an F1 team of our own. "Teamspeed F1" has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Actually, I'm not sure if he'd be interested but if there was anyone who would be cool to start an F1 team with, it'd be Jim Glickenhaus.

So, who's with me? Does anyone want to try to take over USF1 with me?

Old 03-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alzilla
It's also really hard to believe that Stefan GP is that much farther ahead than USF1 even though they were turned down for a spot on the grid months and months ago. That really makes USF1 look that much worse.
But Stefan didn't build a car from scratch.

They had all of the old Toyota cars and reserve parts.

The fact that we couldn't even make it to the grid is maddening.

We never even fired up a car.

I'm done fuming about this for a while.

It really has me hot under the collar.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:58 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Disappointing to say the least, I had high hopes... maybe there is an angel investor out there.

Old 03-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
bet Pete wishes he would have kept his day job

this really is awful news though. I was really looking forward to a U.S. presence in F1

Old 03-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Dana, I'm going to need some help from you and the other well-heeled forum members with this, but I think if we pooled our resources, we could essentially put together an F1 team of our own. "Teamspeed F1" has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Actually, I'm not sure if he'd be interested but if there was anyone who would be cool to start an F1 team with, it'd be Jim Glickenhaus.

I'm in. Being in college, majoring in Mechanical Engineering, this would ultimately be my dream job once i get out (besides being a driver).

Old 03-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute

If you are not kidding, send me the info that sounds very interesting.

Quick Reply: The Dream Is Dead: US F1 Officially Calls It Quits