Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

The Dream Is Dead: US F1 Officially Calls It Quits

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
I forgot to comment that is really heartbreaking to hear that the USF1 pulled out. And Dana I share your feeling that the rest of the F1 world is just staring and laughing internally. It sucks.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
wow, i've been away from the pit stop for too long. what the hell!?!

Old 03-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
wow, i've been away from the pit stop for too long. what the hell!?!
You must've been away for WAY too long. Although this article is only from today, it's been pretty much a sure thing for a while now.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Teamspeed Member
Gary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I highly doubt it.

If you go to a quiet place and listen very carefully, you can hear Bernie cackling at us - along with the rest of the F1 world.

That is the worst part.
Absolutely.. That is the worst part of it all... Bernie is laughing as he says "I told you so... Americans"

No wonder we will never have a GOOD F1 race here. Once again we look like losers to the world of F1...

Thanks USF1.. great job...

Old 03-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
There is no excuse for this...none! I'm with you Dana. I will not be listening to Windsor walk the grid this season, and if the execs at SPEED have a single motherf*cking bone in that spine of theirs, they won't have him on the grid either.

This is bad of course for the US, but I feel SO MUCH worse for the employees involved in this debacle. I know a lot of people just pulled chocks and moved to be a part of it.

Al - I'm actually glad for you they didn't pick you up after you applied. They've ruined people's lives, and I'm not sure they really even care. There is the true crime in this.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
On top of the disappointment with the confirmation of what we have speculated for a week or so, I am sickened that neither of the team principals were present at the factory to speak with the employees themselves. Wtf? It's probably better that they shut this crap down before the season - throughout this whole thing, their lack of leadership skill has really been exposed.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
pureauto has a spectacular aura aboutpureauto has a spectacular aura aboutpureauto has a spectacular aura aboutpureauto has a spectacular aura aboutpureauto has a spectacular aura aboutpureauto has a spectacular aura aboutpureauto has a spectacular aura aboutpureauto has a spectacular aura aboutpureauto has a spectacular aura aboutpureauto has a spectacular aura aboutpureauto has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Alzilla

So, who's with me? Does anyone want to try to take over USF1 with me?
Can i be a driver?...wait, i'm canadian, would i be allowed?

Originally Posted by Gobbles
...I will not be listening to Windsor walk the grid this season...
From what i've read, his position has been filled.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
They didn't even fire up a car.

That means that they were at least a month away from having any type of testable car on the grid.

In other words - they weren't even close.

Must stop. Getting pissed again.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pureauto
Can i be a driver?...wait, i'm canadian, would i be allowed?
Nope, sorry.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
They didn't even fire up a car.

That means that they were at least a month away from having any type of testable car on the grid.

In other words - they weren't even close.

Must stop. Getting pissed again.
Come on, Dana. Help me out. We'll buy what there is of USF1 for pennies on the dollar and shove it in Windsor's face!

Quick Reply: The Dream Is Dead: US F1 Officially Calls It Quits