Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Alonso not impressed by Button's pace

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 05:03 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
love it

Old 02-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I feel confident that Hamilton will win his 2nd title and show 'Nando who's boss yet again.

That's all that really matters.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:36 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I feel confident that Hamilton will win his 2nd title and show 'Nando who's boss yet again.
you forget alonso has been in a renault the last two years, now that he's in a competitive car any hamilton fan should be wary. confidence is not in the cards for anyone this year.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
you forget alonso has been in a renault the last two years, now that he's in a competitive car any hamilton fan should be wary. confidence is not in the cards for anyone this year.
I know. He'll be a huge threat. Alonso will be hard to stop this year, but I don't think we've seen all of Hamilton's potential yet.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:45 PM
FIGJAM
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I know. He'll be a huge threat. Alonso will be hard to stop this year, but I don't think we've seen all of Hamilton's potential yet.
that's my point, we haven't seen all of anyone's potential yet. i understand you're a fan of hamilton but take it easy on the rhetoric, this season will be very unpredictable. too many new variables added, should be very interesting though.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
Simple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by edbhr
Dana, we don't need to learn anything, we all know who's wining.

Awesome image, just a quick question that you or Barrister can possibly answer? Do you get the sense of arrogance or entitlement that everybody says this guys has when you spoke or stood next to him? or is it really just jealousy from all the people who saw him kick Alonso's ass his rookie year?

Old 02-21-2010, 08:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simple1
Awesome image, just a quick question that you or Barrister can possibly answer? Do you get the sense of arrogance or entitlement that everybody says this guys has when you spoke or stood next to him? or is it really just jealousy from all the people who saw him kick Alonso's ass his rookie year?
When I met Lewis - and spent over an hour chatting with him - he was incredibly gracious, natural and funny. It was just like hanging out with someone you have known your whole life.

When we started to take some pictures, he immediately started to mug for the camera and have a great time. He just acted like a 20-something young man who was enjoying his life.

Here is a shot I took of Lewis, Adrian Sutil and Claus Ettensberger (of CEC fame and a good friend of mine as well).

Is he cocky - sure. Wouldn't you be?? I would if I was the best in my sport with over 100 years of history. How else is he supposed to be?

I don't think he feels entitled. But I do think he feels that he should be respected. He is a World Champion. The way he gets treated when he goes to places like Spain is a disgrace.

He has a lot of pressure on him because of the way he entered F1. Does he let it get to him sometimes - yes. Will he learn to overcome it - of course.

The best is yet to come for Lewis.

Last edited by Barrister; 02-21-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
Dana summed it up very nicely. I didn't spend an hour chatting with him, he was walking the track before his first race in Bahrain and he was more the kind to stop and chat with us for a few minutes, we took some pictures and best of all he autographed my Safety Car vest which is just awesome.

The only really down to earth driver is David Coulthard, I mean the guy is the Ghandi of F1, his car broke down in sector 8 in 2004 after 50 laps, the guys recovered it and he was giving out autographs and taking pictures with them literally a minute after!!

Edit: 400 POSTS

Old 02-22-2010, 02:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
I'm getting all teary-eyed here. So much man love.

Lewis seems such a nice guy, maybe he should start his own talk show?

Even better, maybe they can make room for him on "The View"

Old 02-22-2010, 02:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
its alright Joe, we love you too!!

Quick Reply: Alonso not impressed by Button's pace