Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

'Comfortable' Schumacher pleased with GP2 test

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:31 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
'Comfortable' Schumacher pleased with GP2 test

'Comfortable' Schumacher pleased with GP2 test - Formula 1 news - GPUpdate.net

Michael Schumacher was highly satisfied to have driven a GP2 car in Spain on Tuesday despite a damp Jerez circuit preventing the German from being able to make use of Slick tyres. The 7-time World Champion will be back on-track on both Wednesday and Thursday.

With Tuesday marking the first of three days of running for the Mercedes driver, the additional test will allow the returning German to ensure his previously injured neck is strengthened as well as taking advantage of track time whilst Formula 1 testing is prohibited until next month.

"The day was good, especially because after a long time I could again drive in a car which is close to a current Formula 1 car," Schumacher said on his website. "Despite the weather not being what we all would have liked, all of my senses were on full alert - this alone was worth it.

"Unfortunately it was always just too wet to go out with Slicks. I tried them twice but had to go back to the pits immediately; I still gained a lot from being here because, even if you can't reach F1 levels in terms of g-forces, you are still able to practise the communication with the engineers and the sensibility of being on the limit - fortunately, it was back very soon.

"I felt comfortable out on the track from the very beginning and, naturally, I'd like to thank our team and the GP2 Series very much for the opportunity to drive."

Old 01-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
He's still a machine

Old 01-13-2010, 01:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
I like his new helmet funny that it's red though

Old 01-13-2010, 01:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Why does my neck suddenly hurt like hell??

Last edited by Barrister; 01-13-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Barrister again.
its great to have you back brother F1 or TS for that matter just aren't the same without you.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:49 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by like.no.other
I like his new helmet funny that it's red though
that's not his final design, just a placeholder.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:52 PM
FIGJAM
Michael Schumacher concludes three-day GP2 test - Formula 1 news - GPUpdate.net

On Thursday Mercedes Grand Prix Formula 1 driver Michael Schumacher concluded a three-day development test today in Jerez, Spain. Clear blue skies, strong winds and a much dryer track offered the possibility to run in slick tyres for the majority of the day.

On Thursday Michael Schumacher completed 130 laps and covered 576kms which brings the total amount of distance covered to 1151kms in three days. On Thursday morning, Schumacher ran for 23 laps in wet tyres before switching to slicks for the rest of the day. Today's session included three long runs of 20 laps each. He set his best laptime of the day in a 1:24.621 in his last run - four tenths of a second slower than Kamui Kobayashi's lap record at Jerez.

Speaking about his week in Jerez Michael Schumacher said: "I could really drive a lot on this last day of testing and it worked out perfectly. I am very happy with the way testing went here: we worked well, times and consistency were well, we could do everything we had scheduled to do. I feel fit, I felt comfortable immediately back in the car - hey, let's go for it!"

Old 01-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The old fart nearly set the track record!

Old 01-14-2010, 07:58 PM
FIGJAM
Originally Posted by Barrister
The old fart nearly set the track record!
seriously! 4 tenths off...impressive.