Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Virgin confirms di Grassi for 2010

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:25 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Virgin confirms di Grassi for 2010

Virgin confirms di Grassi for 2010 - Formula 1 news - GPUpdate.net

Virgin Racing has revealed that Lucas di Grassi will be partnering Timo Glock as the team prepares for its first season of Formula 1 next year. With the German having been confirmed at the team just under a month ago, the arrival of the Brazilian signals a move from Renault after spending six years with the French marque.

With Manor GP having become Virgin Racing, the official relabeling of the Sheffield team came on Tuesday, with a presentation being held in London's Notting Hill.

Part of Renault's young driver programme since 2004, di Grassi raced to third overall with Manor in the 2005 F3 Euroseries and the 25-year-old Brazilian has since finished in the top three of the last three years' GP2 championships. He was promoted to the role of Renault reserve driver this season as Romain Grosjean moved up to the race team following the sudden departure of Nelson Piquet Jr.

"I could never imagine a F1 debut as perfect as this one," the São Paulo driver commented. "Entering F1 with John Booth and his crew, the same people with whom I won the 2005 Macau F3 race - one of the greatest successes in my career - is really beyond perfection, I should say, and I believe I am ready for F1.

"I have worked a lot during these years to get here and I believe it happened just in time. I always had great expectations about the day I would enter F1 and I should thank everyone who has been with me all these years - and I shall say John and his team are among those very people I consider helped me to get there much before we signed the F1 contract.

"Being here with them makes more sense to me than to be with a veteran organisation. We will debut together and that detail makes for a special bond too. I guess all that will make me stronger and more confident as I will be among old friends. I am ready to work twenty-four seven and I am sure I will be able to contribute with the team efforts in every stage of our evolution in 2010."

Old 12-17-2009, 06:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
mmmm should be a pretty strong team.