Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Force India confirms Sutil and Liuzzi

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 07:38 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Force India confirms Sutil and Liuzzi

Formula One news: Force India confirms Sutil and Liuzzi - GPUpdate.net Formula One

Force India has revealed that Adrian Sutil and Vitantonio Liuzzi will be remaining with the Silverstone outfit for the 2010 season. The news marks what will be the German's fourth straight season in Formula 1 and the full-time return of the Italian, after racing with Toro Rosso in 2007.

Although the Silverstone-based team started it season with Sutil and Giancarlo Fisichella this year, Liuzzi moved up from the reserve position in order to deputise as his compatriot transferred to Ferrari. After scoring its first pole position, World Championship points and a podium in 2009, Vijay Mallya hopes for more in 2010.

"We are very pleased to retain the services of both Adrian and Tonio for another season," the team co-owner said. "We have always maintained that consistency is key at this stage in the team's development and for the first time in many years we will have the continuity of, not only the same drivers, but also the same engine and senior management."

"2010 will be my fourth consecutive year with the team," commented Sutil. "I feel good here, it feels like family, and when you feel at ease you can focus your energy 100% on getting it right on track. Next season I want to be in the points on a regular basis, maybe even challenging for the podium, and the team has exactly the same goals. We are going massively in the right direction so with our combined energies I'm confident we can achieve even more than last season."

For Liuzzi, the confirmation is a relief as well as a proud moment. "It was always my goal to be back racing in 2010 and I've finally achieved it," he explained. "I feel the five races I did in 2009 were a bit of a warm-up; get back racing, learn the car, get the feeling back. Now I've done that I feel ready to really push next season. We were pretty strong in the last part of the 2009 season so if we pick up where we stopped I think we could be in for a good year. For sure, points are the aim, and showing everyone what we can do."