Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Liuzzi steps into Force India race role

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 03:15 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Liuzzi steps into Force India race role

Formula One news: Liuzzi steps into Force India race role - GPUpdate.net Formula One

As expected, Italy's Vitantonio Liuzzi will make his Formula One comeback by occupying the vacant seat at Force India for the rest of the season. The ex-Red Bull and Toro Rosso driver - current reserve for the Silverstone team - will replace Giancarlo Fisichella, who moves to Ferrari alongside Kimi Räikkönen.

With Felipe Massa injured and Ferrari having now replaced test driver Luca Badoer with Fisichella, Liuzzi steps up to Force India's race team alongside Adrian Sutil to compete in F1 for the first time since the 2007 Brazilian Grand Prix. As well as returning to the sport, the 29-year-old will first drive in his home Grand Prix.

"I can't wait to get back into the car in race trim, particularly at my home Grand Prix at Monza," said Tonio, who made his F1 debut for Red Bull in 2005. "I really appreciate the opportunity Vijay (Mallya, team owner) has given me, particularly now that Force India has a great car that's performing very well.

"I am confident I can carry on our progress; I'm very motivated, I'm in good shape and hungry to get some more points on the board. Although it's unfortunate that this came about as an indirect result of Felipe's accident, this is my opportunity to show people what I can do and I'm really looking forward to it."

"I'm delighted to give Tonio the opportunity to get back into a race seat, which I know he has been itching to do for the past two years," continued Mallya, who welcomes the team's third race driver since joining F1 last season. "Force India is now in a very competitive position and we need a driver who can continue this momentum; this will be the chance for Tonio to demonstrate to both the team and the field that he has the commitment, speed and professionalism to perform and I am sure he will seize this opportunity."

Old 09-07-2009, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I wish him the best of luck.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Hope he does good.