Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Glock confirmed at Manor for 2010

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 08:29 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Glock confirmed at Manor for 2010

Formula One news: Glock confirmed at Manor for 2010 - GPUpdate.net Formula One

Timo Glock has signed as the first driver for the new Manor GP team ahead of the 2010 season. The German, who leaves the departed Toyota, had been linked with a drive at Renault or Mercedes although the latest signing places another piece of the driver jigsaw into position.

With Toyota having announced its exit from Formula One just days after the season-ending race in Abu Dhabi, Glock's confirmation at Manor has not not been accompanied with predicted news of a Virgin buy in for the outfit; the German's confirmation also means, therefore, that the Renault seat alongside Robert Kubica is still vacant.

"I had several options for 2010, some of them with more established teams," Timo explained on Tuesday. "Every driver has the same overall objective - to win the World Championship one day - but the way I want to succeed is to be part of the process of building a team and to play a key role in developing the car.

"This is why the opportunity with Manor Grand Prix is so exciting for me. I have spent a lot of time with Nick Wirth (Technical Director), John Booth (Team Principal) and other members of the team and what I liked most is that this a real racing team run by true racers - the team may be small and new but it has big ambitions and a very impressive car and development programme.

"I am confident that I can play a big role in terms of my technical input and that's a fantastic opportunity for me. I can't wait to start testing the new car early next year."

"I'm absolutely delighted that Timo has chosen to drive for our team," Technical Director Wirth added. "It has always been my recommendation that we have at least one driver with experience of the 2009 cars to help our development programme, but to get a driver that has not only achieved podium finishes in 2009 but has such proven talent and the potential to take us forward for many years is very exciting."