Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

11-place climb for rapid Rosberg

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:07 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
11-place climb for rapid Rosberg

Formula One news: 11-place climb for rapid Rosberg - GPUpdate.net Formula One

There were cheers all round in the Williams motorhome after the German Grand Prix as local driver Nico Rosberg finished in fourth place after starting on the eighth row of the grid at the Nürburgring. After finishing fifth at Silverstone three weeks ago, it was another extremely strong result for the Grove squad.

Local knowledge and a highly efficient strategy were what it took to drag Rosberg's Toyota-powered Williams up the order on Sunday, with the 24-year-old finishing as the second best German in his home Grand Prix. "It was a fantastic result for us today," Nico said after the race. "As I started 15th, I honestly wasn't expecting too much but I took a few chances on the opening lap and finished it in 9th place!"

With almost 690 kilogrammes of petrol onboard, the Williams' heavy fuel load allowed Rosberg to run longer into the 60-lap Grand Prix, thus allowing more flexibility towards his race plan. "Although I had more fuel than anyone else, I kept pushing hard and that, together with a little luck that Heikki Kovalainen had created a bit of traffic jam behind him, helped for sure," Rosberg continued.

"I was also carrying a problem with the fuel system so it was quite eventful and makes the race outcome even better; we are continually progressing with our car - our development is looking good and, because of this, our pace is right up there. I am looking forward to Hungary now because I think it will be another race where we can have a good result."

Old 07-12-2009, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I think I might hang onto Rosberg on my fantasy team a bit longer. He's definitely starting to shine!