Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Bourdais retires from possible last race

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 04:52 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Bourdais retires from possible last race

Formula One news: Bourdais retires from possible last race - GPUpdate.net Formula One

The retirement of Sébastien Bourdais from the German Grand Prix is believed by some in the Formula One paddock to have been the last race of the Frenchman in Formula One, after entering the sport last year. With reserve driver Jaime Alguersuari waiting in the wings, the fate of Bourdais remains to be seen.

With the Frenchman having told reporters on Saturday that his contract will last until the end of the 2009 championship, it was another disappointing day for four-time Champ Car Champion Bourdais. "On the warm-up laps we weren't so happy with the option tyre (softer compound on offer at each race, this weekend being Super Soft) so we decided to start on the prime (harder compound, Medium), which I think was a good call," Bourdais explained.

"But then I began to lose hydraulic pressure and so I lost the power steering, clutch and eventually everything else and so I had to pull in. It's a shame of course because, although we were at the back at the time, I think we had a good strategy, with a heavy fuel load and - even running on primes - we could manage the gap to those ahead of us, staying in touch with them."

Team-mate Sébastien Buemi did finish the race, coming home 16th on his first F1 drive at the Nürburgring. "It was a difficult race, although I had a good start and the opening laps went well," he described. "When we put on the soft tyres at the pit-stop, I suffered with a loss of grip and kept sliding as I struggled to get them up to temperature In the final stint it was the same story - it was not a positive outcome but we will have new updates at the next race and we should be more competitive."

Old 07-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a big fan of Bourdais but F1 is too much for him. He should head back to IRL next season. Or be a test driver, but F1 isn't him.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
sad day.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
It's only a rumor. I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I really hope this isn't the case. I think he's good enough, but unfortunately we just haven't seen.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:32 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Doctor
It's only a rumor. I'll believe it when I see it.
he was saying goodbye to everyone after he put the car back in the garage.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Bourdais never really stood a decent chance in F1. He's only scored maybe 2 or 3 points in the year and a half that he's been racing which is pretty sad imo. I'm more concerned about how this will effect the fantasy league with a new driver coming in so late into the season.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sad to see him go, but this just wasn't the right place for him. Hopefully he can finds something soon, as he's a great driver.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Bourdais never really stood a decent chance in F1. He's only scored maybe 2 or 3 points in the year and a half that he's been racing which is pretty sad imo. I'm more concerned about how this will effect the fantasy league with a new driver coming in so late into the season.
He's doing better than Nakajima and he clearly has a slower car. Not to mention Piquet as well.

I'm definitely sad to see him go. He seems like a nice guy.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:28 PM
FIGJAM
'Alguersuari to replace Bourdais at STR'

Formula One news: 'Alguersuari to replace Bourdais at STR' - GPUpdate.net Formula One

Reports suggest that Spain's Jaime Alguersuari will be replacing Sébastien Bourdais at the Toro Rosso team for the remainder of the 2009 season. Much rumoured over past weeks, the switch would see the reigning British Formula 3 Champion become the youngest ever F1 driver at next weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix.

With another poor race for Bourdais ending with retirement and a sombre handshake with Toro Rosso technical director Giorgio Ascanelli at the Nürburgring, the recent gossip is seeming more likely to now be fact with Monday reports suggesting that the Frenchman will indeed be replaced and has therefore driven his in last F1 Grand Prix of the season.

"He's a very good driver," Alguersuari told Associated Press of Bourdais, "but it looks like this year he hasn't given it his all like he's supposed to; I sincerely believe that Red Bull's decision is just but it's never good to see someone taken out of a team halfway through the season."

At 19 years, 4 months and 3 days, Jaime Alguersuari is poised to remove the 1980 record from Tyrrell driver Mike Thackwell as being the youngest ever Formula One driver since the championship's inauguration in 1950. As part of Red Bull's young driver development programme, Barcelona-born Jaime - translating to 'James' - replaced Kiwi Brendon Hartley as reserve driver on 1 July.

Reports on Monday from Autosport also put forward the possibility that Spanish oil and gas company Repsol, a personal sponsor of Alguersuari, could be linking up with the Toro Rosso team next year.