Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

The Slow Death of Formula 1 - Litespeed Lodges 2010 Entry

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The Slow Death of Formula 1 - Litespeed Lodges 2010 Entry

Nothing against Litespeed in particular, but if all of these small indpendant teams start to lodge entries, the FIA is not going to back down from the new budget rules and we will be watching a bunch of first-year chassis in 2010.

F1 may be dieing a slow death my friends . . .

Old 05-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Nothing against Litespeed in particular, but if all of these small indpendant teams start to lodge entries, the FIA is not going to back down from the new budget rules and we will be watching a bunch of first-year chassis in 2010.

F1 may be dieing a slow death my friends . . .

I would actually say a pretty quick death!!!

Does Max really think that "Litespeed" and "USGPE" etc. can replace Scuderia Ferrari, Toyota, Renault, Red Bull?

If those four teams go, I think you have to say McLaren will jump, also.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
I would actually say a pretty quick death!!!

Does Max really think that "Litespeed" and "USGPE" etc. can replace Scuderia Ferrari, Toyota, Renault, Red Bull?

If those four teams go, I think you have to say McLaren will jump, also.
Yeah, McLaren would jump ship in a hurry as well. If this new budget cap gets put into place and Ferrari, Renault, et al decide to bail, I think that will be the point when I say "enough is enough" and finally stop watching. That being said, "Litespeed F1" certainly has a nice ring to it...

Old 05-14-2009, 11:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Yeah, McLaren would jump ship in a hurry as well. If this new budget cap gets put into place and Ferrari, Renault, et al decide to bail, I think that will be the point when I say "enough is enough" and finally stop watching. That being said, "Litespeed F1" certainly has a nice ring to it...
F1 is dead as long as Mosley is at the helm of the FIA. Apparently McLaren isn't going to follow Ferrari and Renault on the way out, which does and doesn't make sense. Considering the state of the economy many teams were saying they were going to evaluate the cost benefit of staying in F1. Carlos Ghosn, whose the head of Renault-Nissan, has been hinting at leaving F1 for a while should the costs start to escalate.

This hardline stance on the budget cap may just be a way of the teams backing out and saving face at the same time.

Mercedes break rank with F1's manufacturers - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com