Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 - The Official Monaco GP Pre-Race, Practice, Qualifying and Race Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Russ has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
Sorry; if/when I make assertions I make an effort to research them and don't throw stuff out there randomly. I appreciate it if others do the same.
And I appreciate it when everyone is able to impart their information politely.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Now, now my racing friends. We all love each other here. Let's put the claws away.

I tried a big case once against a company in Buckhead, Ga. Patent and trademark case regarding cosmetics.

I spend almost 3 weeks there on that case. Absolutely beautiful area and very upscale.

My vote: Watkins Glen baby. But is it wide enough?

Old 05-22-2009, 12:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Now, now my racing friends. We all love each other here. Let's put the claws away.

I tried a big case once against a company in Buckhead, Ga. I spend almost 3 weeks there on that case. Absolutely beautiful area and very upscale.
Point taken

Would you say it's comparable to the nicest that So Cal has to offer? It's often referred to as the "Beverly Hills of the Southeast" and the two malls and associated area are allegedly the "Rodeo Drive of the Southeast" in the glossy, superficial local/regional magazines.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Point taken

Would you say it's comparable to the nicest that So Cal has to offer? It's often referred to as the "Beverly Hills of the Southeast" and the two malls and associated area are allegedly the "Rodeo Drive of the Southeast" in the glossy, superficial local/regional magazines.
I think - in its own way - it is one of the nicest areas I have ever been to. I would say it is very much on par with Beverly Hills in terms of shopping. But the real residential marvel of Southern California is the Pelican Hill area of Orange County. I have never seen anything to rival that on planet earth.

Maybe Monaco??

Old 05-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
I think - in its own way - it is one of the nicest areas I have ever been to...
lets see you say that after you come to the Bahrain GP next year!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by GrayTT
You are probably right! Wouldn't that be an amazing trip.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Team Speed trip to Bahrain GP in 2010?

Old 05-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
I think - in its own way - it is one of the nicest areas I have ever been to. I would say it is very much on par with Beverly Hills in terms of shopping. But the real residential marvel of Southern California is the Pelican Hill area of Orange County. I have never seen anything to rival that on planet earth.

Maybe Monaco??
Monaco would be surreal

http://www.youtube.com/watchv=_ObRzF...D77510B5474CD7

(I'm embed illiterate, so anyone who wants to edit/help out/provide a tutorial is more than welcome)

Originally Posted by GrayTT
Living in the Middle East would be amazing as well; I've always wanted to learn Arabic.

As for my censorious remarks earlier, they were unnecessarily harsh, but the forum becomes devalued if members make assertions with no basis in fact (or fact-checking) and other members don't call them out. Internet fora are nice places to hang out and pass the time with cyber-friends, but people will stop coming here if they can't trust the claims that are made.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Russ has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond repute
As for my censorious remarks earlier, they were unnecessarily harsh, but the forum becomes devalued if members make assertions with no basis in fact (or fact-checking) and other members don't call them out. Internet fora are nice places to hang out and pass the time with cyber-friends, but people will stop coming here if they can't trust the claims that are made.
I don't think anyone here minds disagreements. That being said, Teamspeed is trying to create more of a friendly atmosphere, as opposed to, a "I'm right, and you're wrong" type of atmosphere. It's the friends that one makes on here that will keep people coming back, not whether all of the information is factually correct.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
F-Chat is the perfect example of a site that has a lot of smart members and great information but the whole forum is just too cantankerous for me. Everyone is at everybody else's throat at all times. You don't barely speak in there unless you have 3 written sources to back up what you say (or just be sure that tifosiRon agrees with you). And if you are wrong - the thread can go into the thousands of posts flaming the hell out of you.

It is why I pretty much stopped going there completely.

Quick Reply: F1 - The Official Monaco GP Pre-Race, Practice, Qualifying and Race Banter Thread