Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 News - Trouble In Paradise? Barrichello Warns Brawn Over Favortism

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009 | 07:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Originally Posted by Barrister
That pic is from the famed 2007 Hungarian GP where Alonso intentionally refused to leave the pit in order to prevent Lewis from completing his final hot lap.

Alonso won the pole position and Lewis got second. But Alonso was penalized for the move and Lewis moved up to pole - he also won the race.

Ron Dennis tried to fall on his sword and say it was his fault. Alonso didn't win another race all year while Lewis went on to win 4 more.

Lots of team orders there going all over the place!
Originally Posted by Barrister
It's about marketing. Rubens is going to retire soon - maybe after this season. Jenson is younger and more hip. They want to make Jenson the face of Brawn GP. Ross did the same with Schumi.
Plus, Jenson's a Brit.

Old 05-12-2009 | 09:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
yes, you are right. my point is that he has soured over the years. he may have seen dollar signs or a bit of prestige or whatever to stay on at ferrari but i believe he now regrets his "deal with the devil" so to speak.
I would actually say he has located his balls over the years!

Not sure I'd say he regrets his deal, but anyone in such position would fight to get out of that career "rut".

As much as I have little sympathy for him, I have much respect for this newfound self-respect. Now if he could act on those words instead of just whining, it would be just fine.

As long as he doesn't cry when he wins again it's all good.

Old 05-13-2009 | 04:27 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
These brits really get to me!

Dennis did it to Fernando, and now Brawn is doing it to Barachello!

This sport isn't all about Brits winnign it you know!!! Sheeeesh

Old 05-13-2009 | 09:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cupcake of bahrain
These brits really get to me!

Dennis did it to Fernando, and now Brawn is doing it to Barachello!

This sport isn't all about Brits winnign it you know!!! Sheeeesh
A little German boy can win once in a while too.