Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 News - Trouble In Paradise? Barrichello Warns Brawn Over Favortism

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I just can't quite understand Brawn's motivation for wanting to screw Barrichello. If both of your drivers are going to give you the maximum amount of constructors points in that particular race anyway, isn't that all that should matter to the team? Let the drivers fight it out for who will win the WDC.
It's about marketing. Rubens is going to retire soon - maybe after this season. Jenson is younger and more hip. They want to make Jenson the face of Brawn GP. Ross did the same with Schumi.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:55 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Wow. He should just be happy to have a job . . .
that's a pretty silly statement, he won a shootout in the off season and proved he was the best man for the job. if you don't believe rubens still has the pace to run in the front you are mistaken, he wasn't senna's protege for nothing. after all he has been through he is quite right to ignore team orders if in fact they were given (which i doubt), it would be nice to see him break double digits in the win category before he retires.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
that's a pretty silly statement, he won a shootout in the off season and proved he was the best man for the job. if you don't believe rubens still has the pace to run in the front you are mistaken, he wasn't senna's protege for nothing. after all he has been through he is quite right to ignore team orders if in fact they were given (which i doubt), it would be nice to see him break double digits in the win category before he retires.
Don't misunderstand me now. I think Rubens is a great driver and deserves his spot.

What I meant was, he is lucky to have a job given that his team - Honda - had pulled out of F1.

I was being critical of Honda - not Rubens.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:39 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Don't misunderstand me now. I think Rubens is a great driver and deserves his spot.

What I meant was, he is lucky to have a job given that his team - Honda - had pulled out of F1.

I was being critical of Honda - not Rubens.
ah, i see. i thought you simply didn't rate rubens. no worries

honda does indeed deserve as much scorn as you can throw at them after what brawn has been up to this year.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Pfff, worst comes to worst he'll go back to crying like a little b!tch.

sorry, not a fan of the guy.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:57 PM
FIGJAM
Originally Posted by Zorro
Pfff, worst comes to worst he'll go back to crying like a little b!tch.

sorry, not a fan of the guy.
he does tend to complain but if you had been forced to relinquish wins you would be pretty sour too. his talents have been wasted so his mindset seems to have changed as well.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
No! He knew that was his job. He left his career at the door the day he decided to stay with Ferrari, be Todt's little toy and fill the background behind Schumi.

He knew all along that he took the decision to forgo his career as a champion, and Ferrari paid him generously for that. More than if he had had to fight for 1st place with any other team, IMO.

And now, he's all upset about it. Your decision, big boy.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:23 PM
FIGJAM
Originally Posted by Zorro
No! He knew that was his job. He left his career at the door the day he decided to stay with Ferrari, be Todt's little toy and fill the background behind Schumi.

He knew all along that he took the decision to forgo his career as a champion, and Ferrari paid him generously for that. More than if he had had to fight for 1st place with any other team, IMO.

And now, he's all upset about it. Your decision, big boy.
yes, you are right. my point is that he has soured over the years. he may have seen dollar signs or a bit of prestige or whatever to stay on at ferrari but i believe he now regrets his "deal with the devil" so to speak.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond repute
It pains me to do so in the Pit Stop forum, but I gotta agree with IIVX on this one.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:54 PM
FIGJAM
Originally Posted by Dynamic
It pains me to do so in the Pit Stop forum, but I gotta agree with IIVX on this one.

Quick Reply: F1 News - Trouble In Paradise? Barrichello Warns Brawn Over Favortism