Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

New Arai & Bell F1 Standard Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 04:40 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
As for the second paragraph of your post ... I won't say anything I will regret.
please feel free to explain yourself. the level of douchebaggery involved with a person actually going on track with a senna replica boggles the mind. you might as well have a bluetooth device in your ear as well.

if you had grown up racing in europe as i have you would have some idea of the reverence associated with senna. there was quite an uproar in the racing community when hamilton donned a very similar design, to say that is frowned upon to this day is putting it lightly.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant future
there are kids who race in my son's karting series that wear senna replica's as well as schumacher, Gordon, Earnhardt Sr. etc.... would you run them off as well? It is not offensive to be a fan. Many drivers have tragically died, but to say that wearing their helmet scheme merits being crashed out is, in my opinion, somewhat classless.

Old 08-08-2009, 05:23 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sine_Qua_Non
there are kids who race in my son's karting series that wear senna replica's as well as schumacher, Gordon, Earnhardt Sr. etc.... would you run them off as well? It is not offensive to be a fan. Many drivers have tragically died, but to say that wearing their helmet scheme merits being crashed out is, in my opinion, somewhat classless.
it took you 3 months to craft this reply?

you can't seriously be comparing kids to adults? of course a child can wear whatever he/she wishes. you don't need to use kids as a force field to try and prove your point. i think you misunderstood me. it's simple really, for an adult to wear that scheme can annoy others who hold those drivers in high regard. for example, if you went to the basketball court wearing all jordan gear you better be damn good...otherwise you look like a tool. same thing here, im not saying i would cause a shunt but i would put a driver like that in his place. most guys wearing reps i have encountered were novice dbags with delusions of grandeur. lack of respect is not tolerated where i come from, call that classless if you wish.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by IIVVX
it took you 3 months to craft this reply?

you can't seriously be comparing kids to adults? of course a child can wear whatever he/she wishes. you don't need to use kids as a force field to try and prove your point. i think you misunderstood me. it's simple really, for an adult to wear that scheme can annoy others who hold those drivers in high regard. for example, if you went to the basketball court wearing all jordan gear you better be damn good...otherwise you look like a tool. same thing here, im not saying i would cause a shunt but i would put a driver like that in his place. most guys wearing reps i have encountered were novice dbags with delusions of grandeur. lack of respect is not tolerated where i come from, call that classless if you wish.
just found the thread, so no i wasn't working on it for 3 months.
In the USA, every basketball court is populated with horrible players wearing replica jerseys of their favorite NBA player. Golf courses have thousands of people dressed like Tiger Woods.
It is clear, that you possess amazing driving ability and perhaps someone with your skill set you would be offended by a Senna replica helmet. Senna was a great driver, but just a man, none the less.
If you are ever in Pennsylvania and see a mid 30's cardiologist riding a Repsol Honda CBR 1000 RR, Please don't crash me as I mean no Disrespect to Nicky Hayden.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Teamspeed Member
airflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sine_Qua_Non
just found the thread, so no i wasn't working on it for 3 months.
In the USA, every basketball court is populated with horrible players wearing replica jerseys of their favorite NBA player. Golf courses have thousands of people dressed like Tiger Woods.
It is clear, that you possess amazing driving ability and perhaps someone with your skill set you would be offended by a Senna replica helmet. Senna was a great driver, but just a man, none the less.
If you are ever in Pennsylvania and see a mid 30's cardiologist riding a Repsol Honda CBR 1000 RR, Please don't crash me as I mean no Disrespect to Nicky Hayden.
I just came across this thread also and don't understand the anger. Is it a Euro thing or a car thing. In the motorcycle and Snowmobile world replica helmets are the norm. People buy them because they like the look or to support the driver. I know riders that get a percentage from every helmet sold that was a replica of theirs. And yes most if not all are bought by amateurs. Top pros have sponsorships that pay for or provide custom painted helmets to promote their work.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by airflite1
I just came across this thread also and don't understand the anger. Is it a Euro thing or a car thing. In the motorcycle and Snowmobile world replica helmets are the norm. People buy them because they like the look or to support the driver. I know riders that get a percentage from every helmet sold that was a replica of theirs. And yes most if not all are bought by amateurs. Top pros have sponsorships that pay for or provide custom painted helmets to promote their work.
Care to elaborate?

Old 08-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Member
airflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond repute
Just wondering if it's the european culture that doesn't approve of replica gear or is it the car culture.