Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 - The Official Team Speed F1 Fantasy League Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I ended up with 608 pts in this race!

Old 03-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
I'm at 332 points.

Re-arranged my roster a little.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I Dropped Lewis!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I am convinced that a 5 or 6 driver strategy is the way to go. So here is my lineup now.

Button
Rubens
Kubica
Vettel
Glock

Even though Vettel has the 10-spot grid penalty for Malaysia, I think he is the best bargain on the grid right now long term. Rosberg is over-valued at 8.10 and I think Glock is better than Trulli.

I have become a believer in the "NO LOYALTY - THIS IS WAR" philosophy.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
ahh crap vettel, did not know that about vettel...

Old 03-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
9 of the top 10 teams in our league had 5 or more drivers in Australia.

One player only had 3 drivers and got into the top 10 because of nearly 199 points gained on unused money. GENIUS!

Bologna GP

Selections for the Australian GP

Jenson Button Brawn GP 6.30m 228
Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing 7.00m 63
Timo Glock Panasonic Toyota Racing 6.80m 138
Budget Remaining 19.90m 199
EAM VALUE 40.00m 628

Nobody with a 4 driver team even had a chance.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
9 of the top 10 teams in our league had 5 or more drivers in Australia.

One player only had 3 drivers and got into the top 10 because of nearly 199 points gained on unused money. GENIUS!

Nobody with a 4 driver team even had a chance.
That is incorrect. I had 4 drivers and finished in 10th this week. Bologna GP was the 3 driver team that finished just ahead of me. I still can't decide about going to a 5 driver setup or not. Sure, the points are there, but it's gonna hurt to drop Hamilton, especially after his performance last night.

I can't believe you dropped him already, Dana! He's your homeboy! I know you'd become a Tifosi as soon as you got your 360...

Old 03-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
That is incorrect. I had 4 drivers and finished in 10th this week. Bologna GP was the 3 driver team that finished just ahead of me. I still can't decide about going to a 5 driver setup or not. Sure, the points are there, but it's gonna hurt to drop Hamilton, especially after his performance last night.

I can't believe you dropped him already, Dana! He's your homeboy! I know you'd become a Tifosi as soon as you got your 360...
the race made it pretty clear that both vettel and kubica are in a better position to win. dumb luck got lewis in 3rd

Old 03-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alzilla

That's correct - I forgot that you did score in the top 10. Good job.

By dropping Lewis and Kimi I picked up Vettel, Kubica and Glock. It is a fact that 8 of the top 10 teams had 5 or 6 driver teams.

There are a few gripes I have about the Fantasy Racers site.

First, you should be able to play with your lineup without saving it. That way you can see how a proposed lineup would look. This is how it is done in the NASCAR league. As it is now, you have to do the math on paper before you actually make your moves because they are final.

Second, I don't like the fact that a player can pick only 3 drivers - 2 of whom don't even finish the race - and still place in the top 10 because of 199 points left unused. That seems counter-intuitive. Great strategy for Bolonga GP though.

It is nothing against Lewis. He is still my man and I will continue to root for him above everyone else. But I had to take evasive actionm to add 5 drivers. It may prove wrong. But right now, I think it is the best way to get into the top 10.

ERICH CRUSHED US ALL!!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
the race made it pretty clear that both vettel and kubica are in a better position to win. dumb luck got lewis in 3rd
I really can't disagree with you. I'm just bummed to hear Dana (who is the biggest Hamilton fan I know) dropped him.

Then again, I shouldn't be talking since I dropped Hamilton & Kimi for Vettel, Kubica, and Rosberg!

Quick Reply: F1 - The Official Team Speed F1 Fantasy League Discussion Thread