Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 - The Official Team Speed F1 Fantasy League Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
That's correct - I forgot that you did score in the top 10. Good job.

By dropping Lewis and Kimi I picked up Vettel, Kubica and Glock. It is a fact that 8 of the top 10 teams had 5 or 6 driver teams.

There are a few gripes I have about the Fantasy Racers site.

First, you should be able to play with your lineup without saving it. That way you can see how a proposed lineup would look. This is how it is done in the NASCAR league. As it is now, you have to do the math on paper before you actually make your moves because they are final.

Second, I don't like the fact that a player can pick only 3 drivers - 2 of whom don't even finish the race - and still place in the top 10 because of 199 points left unused. That seems counter-intuitive. Great strategy for Bolonga GP though.

It is nothing against Lewis. He is still my man and I will continue to root for him above everyone else. But I had to take evasive actionm to add 5 drivers. It may prove wrong. But right now, I think it is the best way to get into the top 10.

ERICH CRUSHED US ALL!!!!
It's funny that you brought up those gripes. I was just thinking the same things a little bit ago. I wanted to play with my roster and after dropping Hamilton, I wanted to go back and undo it but I couldn't without losing a money on him. Oh well.

As far as scoring goes, that's funny that Bologna GP got up to 9th with nearly 200 free points. Then again, that strategy failed miserably for GrayTT who forgot to pick any drivers before the race and only managed 138 points!

By the way, the league is still open for new members! I tried to convince my friend Tyler to join up (both in the league and here on Teamspeed) but he said he was having issues finding the league and registering for it. I haven't talked to him since he signed up yesterday, but hopefully he'll sneak in here soon.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
a two point difference is hardly a crushing lead.

that being said, both force india drivers will give you a positive gain, if they finish. hence my 6 person line up atm.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
Just got on. Wow, my '6 low-priced driver' strategy paid off. But I just calculated my 'total asset' value and it's only at 44.1 (was 40). The popularity 'gains' are narrower than I suspected. In other words, I've gained 4.1 units to spend, which doesn't really get me anywhere yet in terms of upgrading my sixth driver from sutil, especially since he somehow *lost* value in popularity even though he finished 12th. Go figure. The narrow popularity gains are somewhat annoying considering the points you can make by just not spending you budget. Anyhow, I'm not sure what to do this next week. At some point Ferrari and McLaren are going to emerge. I think it will be in the next two GPs, in which case I'll have to reevaluate my line up. I think I'm stuck with who I have for now.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
Ah, Sutil finished 9th, my bad. So he helped shoulder some points lost on Vettel. Amazing. Who would have thought Sutil would finish 9th.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
had vettel finished the race you over_under who have a serious lead right now

Old 03-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond repute
AHHH I thought I had both BGP drivers but I just looked at my list and I only have Barrichello

Old 03-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
yeah, that's why i was ragging last night when he and kub got too eager for 3rd and crashed. it's the first damn race of the season and kubica closes the corner on him like it's for the lead in the last race for the championship or something. the aerial camera view was the most telling. vettel put on the brakes to maintain the inside going into the corner, so kubica goes ahead of him and closes the corner. it's debatable, but both were foolish to wreck that close to the finish. now neither of them have any points. vettel should have simply conceded. i'm gonna hold on to him. i think red bull has a great car this year.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I really can't disagree with you. I'm just bummed to hear Dana (who is the biggest Hamilton fan I know) dropped him.

Then again, I shouldn't be talking since I dropped Hamilton & Kimi for Vettel, Kubica, and Rosberg!
Ha! It's a smart move brother. Lewis is great and we can still root for him but in this league the expensive drivers won't win much for you unless they finish 1, 2, 3.

Hell, you can pick 3 guys - 2 of whom don't finish - and still get into the top 10!

Old 03-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Erich - BROTHER! - you did SO great. If you weren't one of my closest friends I would hate you.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Over_Under
yeah, that's why i was ragging last night when he and kub got too eager for 3rd and crashed. it's the first damn race of the season and kubica closes the corner on him like it's for the lead in the last race for the championship or something. the aerial camera view was the most telling. vettel put on the brakes to maintain the inside going into the corner, so kubica goes ahead of him and closes the corner. it's debatable, but both were foolish to wreck that close to the finish. now neither of them have any points. vettel should have simply conceded. i'm gonna hold on to him. i think red bull has a great car this year.

Vettel got penalised.

"Nevertheless, Vettel's subsequent decision to try and reach the pits on three wheels resulted in both a 10-place grid penalty for next weekend's Malaysian Grand Prix and a $50,000 fine."

Quick Reply: F1 - The Official Team Speed F1 Fantasy League Discussion Thread