Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 - The Official Team Speed F1 Fantasy League Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
You both make valid poings. But I think you are forgetting a critical element - until this year F1 was basically a 2 team race.

If this season had gone like the past 10 seasons - with a battle between Ferrari and McLaren with maybe BMW poaching a win or two under odd circumstances - then the current Fantasy Racers scoring system would make a lot more sense. Rewarding drivers for completing laps is the only way to get players to buy any drivers other than Massa, Kimi, Lewis and Kov. Think about it, if things were the same as last year, and the emphasis was on wins and podiums, who would have anyone other than those four? The points that can be accumulated for laps and finishing the race were meant compel players to pick a more diverse set of drivers and still be competative. That way quantity could compete with quality.

This year it doesn't make as much sense because the nature of the grid itself has compelled people to pick a large and diverse set of drivers. A much large number of drivers are scoring points and podiums. This year only a quantity strategy works because nobody can predict who will be the quality guys. But Fantasy Racers had no way of knowing that the entire nature and predictability of F1 would change.

In prior years Fantasy F1 was REALLY boring because everyone just had the same drivers. A system like Fantasy NASCAR just didn't work. If things were the same and you could have only 5 guys on a team, who would everyone pick?? You can't arbitrarily assign driver values - that must be controlled by the market. So it would still be possible to pick the same 4 guys every week and have them score all the podium finishes.

In the past a budget system was never used. Rather, you just picked who you thought would compse the top 8 finishers with points assigned accordingly. I think the system Fantasy Racers has is a better system and that it is working pretty well.

Last edited by Barrister; 05-01-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
my team officially sucks lol

Old 05-06-2009, 03:14 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
i forgot to change my team is it too late ?

Old 05-06-2009, 04:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bonita
i forgot to change my team is it too late ?
Yes. But only for you. The rest of us have until Friday morning at 10:00 am PST.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Look at those driver values shift!! It's a good morning if you picked up Massa or Rubens during or just after the race. Both have increased in value over 1.0 m. Kimi and Glock have both sustained massive drops in value. Lewis is losing value like crazy too - but he is not that bad a pickup for Monaco if you can afford him.

I dropped Lewis for Rubens and Kimi for Rosberg just after the race in Spain which left me with 2.3 m in surplus. With Rubens surge in value, I was able to swap Rubens for Vettel! I like the move because - as good as Rubens is and will be - he won't be in line for wins due to Brawn team orders. With Button and Vettel you get two legitimate potential race winners. I am going to hang on to Rosberg and Alonso for the time being. But if their value begins to crest, I may swap one of them as well.

My team of All-Stars failed miserably. Now I have to jump on the band wagon.

Here is my current lineup.

Driver values at the moment I write this post.

Last edited by Barrister; 05-11-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Recap is a little late this week folks. Been busy. Should have it up by Thurday afternoon!

Old 05-13-2009, 04:29 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
^^^

Looking forward

Old 05-13-2009, 04:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
You're a good gal Bonita.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Old 05-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Boy, driver values have been stagnant!

How is Lewis Hamilton still over 11.00 m?

Quick Reply: F1 - The Official Team Speed F1 Fantasy League Discussion Thread