Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 - The Official Team Speed F1 Fantasy League Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
OK, I need advice from the TeamSpeed Fantasy F1 gurus.

Should I trade Barrichello for Sutil and Nick Heidfeld? If I dropped Barrichello, I'd have exactly $11.50M. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm open to them. I just know I want to try to move up to 6 drivers now.
??? The Brawn is going to get faster stick with Rubens

Old 04-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
It was ok, but pretty uneventful. Nobody crashed and Nakajima was the only one to retire (can't remember why).
He crashed because he sucks and needs to be replaced.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
I am trying something new, and something that I should have done a long time ago. When every race ends, the drivers that did well usually increase in value and vice versa for the ones that didn't. Rather than trying to pick my team for the next week, I sold off 3 of my 5 drivers at the end of the race and kept Button and Kimi (who I picked up for a little over 7 mil just before the race. I picked up two drivers that were bound to increase in value immediately after the race, Trulli and Vettel. They should each increase a decent amount over the next week. I plan on selling both of them and picking up either 3 or 4 drivers giving me a 5 or 6 man team that includes Kimi and Button. Since Button has maxed out at 14 mil, I am considering selling him and picking up a few "rising value" assets to then sell at a profit and add Button back before the race at the 14 mil. So far my strategy has paid off and my team has increased over 1.4 mil in the short time since the race ended.

So who is going to increase in value this week?

Old 04-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Seriously. Change it.
Originally Posted by BigE
He crashed because he sucks and needs to be replaced.
I have made that mistake twice. Never again. He shows flashes of brilliance in practice, but can't perform when it counts. Can't even finish a race. Worst driver in F1 right now IMHO

Old 04-27-2009, 12:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I am trying something new, and something that I should have done a long time ago. When every race ends, the drivers that did well usually increase in value and vice versa for the ones that didn't. Rather than trying to pick my team for the next week, I sold off 3 of my 5 drivers at the end of the race and kept Button and Kimi (who I picked up for a little over 7 mil just before the race. I picked up two drivers that were bound to increase in value immediately after the race, Trulli and Vettel. They should each increase a decent amount over the next week. I plan on selling both of them and picking up either 3 or 4 drivers giving me a 5 or 6 man team that includes Kimi and Button. Since Button has maxed out at 14 mil, I am considering selling him and picking up a few "rising value" assets to then sell at a profit and add Button back before the race at the 14 mil. So far my strategy has paid off and my team has increased over 1.4 mil in the short time since the race ended.

I did exactly the same thing and gained somewhere around 2.0 mil since the race. I bought Kimi and Jarno during the closing laps of the race this morning. My guess is that both of those drivers will continue to go up, as well as Hamilton. Although I sold him as part of the downsizing to pick up Jarno, I think Nico Rosberg will be increasing over the rest of the season.

Both BMW drivers are very cheap right now and could make good buys if things improve for them. I can't see them doing much worse...

Old 04-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see a ton of movement coming for anyone this week barring some major news - e.g., Ferrari decides to write-off the season or something crazy like that. There are very few overvalued/undervalued drivers.

The only suprise I might see is Buemi. He is pretty cheap after gaining a bit of hype post-China. If he were to have a good practice session before Spain, he could shoot up. And if he finishes in the points, he could gain 1.00 - 2.00 m. Also, you have to believe that Kubica will make some sort of improvement. He can't get any worse.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
How are people feeling about Alonso so far? Doesn't seem like he's been living up to any of the pre-season hype that was surrounding him. He's been driving consistently but hasn't exactly been a shining star. I have a hunch we might see him making some moves and shaking things up a bit as the teams head to Europe.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:18 AM
Seriously. Change it.
I'm not sure how much "pent up demand" there is for Alonso at this point. Its been a few years since he has done anything of significance on the track. I think it will take a few strong weeks (top 3 Q + podiums) to see his value vault into the 10+ range. Ferrari on the other hand is a much different story. I think the collective world is waiting for Kimi to have one good weekend (pole plus win or second) and his value will shoot up to the 12+ range. Massa, I'm not so sure about.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Alonso is a great driver. If they can give him any semblance of a decent car he will start to compete for podiums and wins. Last year they finally got their stuff together in Singapore and Japan. He won both of those races back-to-back right in the middle of the Lewis-Massa title race. I am positive that he will do better as time goes on. His value has risen as much as 1.0 m recently. He has more of a chance to return to form and consistently be in the hunt than a guy like Webber does to continue a run of podium finishes.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Teamspeed Member
Gary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Alonso is a great driver. If they can give him any semblance of a decent car he will start to compete for podiums and wins. Last year they finally got their stuff together in Singapore and Japan. He won both of those races back-to-back right in the middle of the Lewis-Massa title race. I am positive that he will do better as time goes on. His value has risen as much as 1.0 m recently. He has more of a chance to return to form and consistently be in the hunt than a guy like Webber does to continue a run of podium finishes.
What he said...

Quick Reply: F1 - The Official Team Speed F1 Fantasy League Discussion Thread