Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Whitmarsh: New role brings pressure

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Whitmarsh: New role brings pressure

McLaren's new team boss Martin Whitmarsh has admitted that he feels the pressure of taking over from his illustrious predecessor Ron Dennis, but is looking forward to the challenge.
Dennis is moving on to other roles within the McLaren Group after 28 years at the head of the Formula 1 team, with Whitmarsh stepping up from CEO to team principal in his place from today.
He said he was delighted with his new position, and determined not to let reigning champion Lewis Hamilton down.
"I am a competitive person and being team principal adds a little zing this year," Whitmarsh told the Independent.

"But in 12 months' time I don't want to be the team principal who did not help Lewis to win the world championship again, so that does add pressure."
Whitmarsh is optimistic that McLaren will be among the pace-setters again this year, but said it was too early to predict another title.
"Our car is good and we will be bolting on a fair amount more performance to it, but who knows?" he said.
"Maybe others have done better and found something we haven't."
He expects Hamilton to be just as strong a contender this year even though he has now achieved his championship goal.
"He wanted to be world champion since he was eight and now he is," said Whitmarsh.
"That can be an anti-climax and I think after Brazil last year he did have a little bit of a dip because he'd done it.
"But now he wants to prove he is a multiple world champion and the pressure is back in a very positive way."
Whitmarsh added that he hoped to make his own mark on McLaren, but did not think there would be any major changes from the Dennis era.
"Ron and I have common views, but I am not an Identi-Kit of him," he said.
"On the fundamental issues of how to go motor racing we are very similar in how we approach things.
"We want to provide the best technology and opportunities for both of our drivers."

Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Whitmarsh is a great choice as a successor for Ron Dennis. I think the best thing he can do this season is to not change a thing!

Old 03-02-2009, 05:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
I think he is the best possible successor to Ron Dennis but their will be a blip IMO once the season starts

Old 03-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by like.no.other
I think he is the best possible successor to Ron Dennis but their will be a blip IMO once the season starts
Whitmarsh pretty much ran McLaren's F1 team last year. I think he knows what he's doing.