Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Lewis: I'll have less pressure in ‘09

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Lewis: I'll have less pressure in ‘09

Lewis Hamilton says he feels under less pressure heading into next season now he has a world championship under his belt.

Hamilton took the 2008 title in exceptional circumstances, winning the drivers’ crown at the last corner of the last race in Brazil.

With a championship to his name, Hamilton insists that he has now learned how to use pressure to his advantage.

“I feel less pressure,” he told ITV Sport in an exclusive interview.

“I don’t feel the pressure comes from my surroundings, it comes from within and putting that pressure on yourself to succeed is what either makes you or breaks you.

“I still have that pressure on me but I know I can control it and I can use it to my advantage now.”

Next year slick tyres will be reintroduced, and although drivers generally prefer the 2009 rubber, some teams have reported worryingly high degradation over long runs.

Last year Hamilton's McLaren was particularly demanding of its tyres, a trait that often suited him in cold and wet conditions but one that the Brit is wary of with the new slicks.

“I think with the slick tyres we’ve got to make sure our new car isn’t so hard on the tyres and I think we’re in a good position to sort that out,” he said.

“And also being on slick tyres, I’ve experienced that in GP2 so I won’t be lost.

“I think that’s a good place to start from.”

Hamilton is also looking forward to testing McLaren’s Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS).

After a BMW mechanic received an electric shock while handling a KERS-equipped car in a test session at Jerez, Hamilton admitted he was initially slightly concerned about the new technology.

But the McLaren driver is confident his team has made progress on its energy recycling system and believes it will be an asset for the team next year.

“I’ve been a bit worried after reports of some people getting electric shocks and stuff like that,” said Hamilton.

“But I think the team have done an incredible job in managing it and I think they’ve invested a lot of money and time [in it].

“I think that’s going to work out quite well for us and there is quite a bit of [lap] time in it as well.”

source[www.itv-f1.com]

Attached Images  
Old 12-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Get ready to see Hamilton win back to back WDC's! Make way for the champ!

Old 12-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Of course he will have less pressure in 2009. He is WORLD CHAMPION. He has already won more Grands Prix than Jackie Stewart did in his entire career. He is the best driver out there and is well on his way to becoming the greatest ever.

Felipe who???

Old 12-21-2008, 08:25 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
He is the best driver out there and is well on his way to becoming the greatest ever.
whoa there, let's not get carried away now. he's been fantastic this year (and last year for that matter) but he hasn't done anything transcendent yet. he has a ways to go before he can even be considered for that title.

remember that monaco qualifying in the wet where senna was 2 seconds faster than anyone on the grid including his teammate who was in identical machinery? that is the kind of feat that makes legends.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Igor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond repute
no one will ever be senna, but Hamilton is young, and is def. going to set a new bar i think.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond repute
someones kinda cocky.....

Old 12-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LAZY TURBO
someones kinda cocky.....
And that's what makes him great. He knows he should win and he does. People said MJ was cocky but I mean come on look at what he did...