Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Star-Spangled Line-Up: Danica Patrick linked to USF1 race seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 12:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
i don't think some of you realize she tested for Honda's F1 team a few years ago and was well off the pace. needless to say, she wasn't invited for another test.
Yeah, I remember that. But here in America, we value publicity far more than actual talent. I think that's why these rumors are picking up steam.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Danica flattered by F1 reports

Female IndyCar driver Danica Patrick admits she is flattered by the reports linking her with Formula One, but on Thursday she said chiefs of the prospective USF1 team have not yet contacted her.

But the 26-year-old American, earmarked this week for a F1 test by USF1 principal Ken Anderson, also told the Canadian newspaper Globe and Mail that she might not even be interested in travelling to Europe and further afield to contest the famous world championship.

She said she had read the reports linking her with USF1 for 2010 but "there weren't any quotes from me because they haven't spoken to me."

"It's very flattering," Patrick continued. "I think that any time you are in the same sentence as Formula One, it's a flattering thing. "

Patrick, who as a teenager contested some junior open-wheel series in England, said she is happy to now race full-time in her native US.

"I haven't really expressed a lot of excitement and interest in world travel," she said on Thursday in Toronto. "We'll see what they (USF1) say though. Maybe they'll call..."

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
translation: "they aren't going to call me so I am going to get out first saying I wouldn't take the huge payday to become world famous"

Old 02-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ducati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDucati Steve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cynicali
At the risk of chiming in after the shark's been jumped, I have to think that if Danica is used as a promotional tool (read: allowed to drive in F1) and the masses do gain interest, that could only serve to help the sport, right? I mean Beckham didn't do much but give the MLS some pretty good pub when he signed with the Galaxy and I have to think that's been a win for the typical American soccer fan. Why wouldn't the same thing apply to F1?
Thing is, could Danica Patrick actually contribute to F1 aside from being a speed bump? And as an American F1 fan the best I could hope for out of that situation is better TV coverage.

Originally Posted by IIVVX
i don't think some of you realize she tested for Honda's F1 team a few years ago and was well off the pace. needless to say, she wasn't invited for another test.
She was scheduled to test drive for them 3 months ago but then Honda pulled their F1 program altogether. We could all speculate on whether or not she would get actual consideration, but I guess we'll never know!

Old 02-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
Brandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond reputeBrandi has a reputation beyond repute
They are giving a lot of American drivers a test...that's all it is.